What you’ll be doing...
The Cary and Ashburn Network Management Centers are seeking talented engineers to support management of Verizon’s Intelligent Edge network encompassing Unified Transport, NGPON2, Multi-Service Edge, Base Network Controller and Converged Core technologies. The Intelligent Edge Supervisor is responsible for the front-line management of the next generation of engineering teams performing surveillance and repair of the various Verizon backbone and infrastructure networks.
- Provide tactical strategy and direction for all outage and impacting network events.
- Operate as an escalation point of contact, drive network improvement, and lead and develop engineers. Responsible for providing feedback, coaching, guiding, and training employees.
- Strategic development / tactical implementation of global response plans to network-impacting events.
- Ability to work with and mentor a team to the betterment of the individual and the organization.
- Set performance targets and development plans for the team and provide mid-year and end of year reviews.
- Provide coaching and training individuals on the team.
- Supervising a cross-functional groups of engineers supporting multiple networks and technologies.Updating and maintaining scheduling.
- Processing root cause analysis of outages and major network events.
- Tactical outage, situational management and special requests.
- Driving critical transformation business initiatives.
- Perform on-call duties as well as work weekends/holiday/multiple shifts.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Knowledge of network equipment and systems.
- Operations experience.
Even better if you have:
- A degree in Business Administration/ Business Management/Engineering or equivalent.
- Five or more years of multidisciplinary leadership experience, preferably in the Telecommunication Industry.
- Proven leadership skills and business acumen within a large organization.
- Technical understanding of layer 1/2/3 protocols.
- Five or more years of experience in managing organizational budgets.
- Previous management experience with multifunctional teams.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to present information to executive management.
- Ability to communicate at all levels of the business.
- Established track record in managing a complex process and driving results.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/2520975-supervisor-network-operations-and-engineering
• Post ID: 46937672 nova