What you’ll be doing...
This is a Senior SOC Engineer position responsible for the management of Verizon's Security Services infrastructure and customer security devices. You will work closely with the Security Operations Center (SOC Tier II) as an escalation point for complex incident, problem or change analysis for external, managed security services federal customers. When working on changes, responsibilities include reviewing requirements, designing, documenting and implementing in accordance with Verizon and customer change control standards.
- Incident, Change and Problem Management related to security design, engineer, document and implement changes in security devices.
- Escalation point for security and network incidents.
- Developing Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and overall operations documentation as needed.
- Training of peers in an effort to share lessons learned.
- Planning and overseeing Release management entities (ex. security patching, signatures, code upgrades).
- Perform RMA of devices whenever necessary.
- Work side by side with SOC (tiers II and I), IT Development, Security Engineering and Product Lifecycle Engineering as needed.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Three or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience implementing, configuring, and troubleshooting Fortinet, Palo Alto and/or Juniper SRX firewalls.
- Experience implementing, configuring, and troubleshooting one or more of the following: encryptors (e.g. Thales, McAfee), FireEye, SourceFire, Gigamon, BlueCoat proxies, A10, or F5 Load balancers.
- Currently have or eligibility to obtain a government issued security clearance at the Secret level.
Even better if you have:
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as Computer Science, Engineering, Cybersecurity or 5 or more years of experience as a security device engineer.
- Understanding of DNS, NTP, SNMP protocols.
- Experience on UNIX/Linux operating system command line interface (CLI).
- Experience with Thales Encryptors.
- Strong communication skills and ability to engage with customers to understand their requirements.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Ability to identify and communicate gaps in processes.
- Ability to excel in high pressure environments.
- Ability to work and participate within a team environment.
- Hands-on experience configuring and troubleshooting security and networking devices in complex, enterprise level environments and/or experience as a SOC engineer.
- Platform experience with SIEM.
- Fundamental knowledge of a variety of firewall, IDS, and security devices.
- Ability to understand how security and networking technologies might be utilized in customer environments or in a comprehensive security solution.
- Experience working as a member of an integrated network and security team.
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers via phone, email or ticket escalations.
- Security Certifications.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/2437072-senior-security-engineer
• Post ID: 46937552 nova