What you’ll be doing...
Senior Security Analysts are expected to handle day-to-day monitoring, network threat analysis, investigation, and mitigation of security threats, as well as short-notice ad hoc work, and see them through to completion with minimal supervision. Security Analysts provide critical value to the RSA Security Analytics management service, leveraging their extensive knowledge to provide context to security events. Security Analysts provide recommendations for remediation actions and suggestions for implementing best practices and improving standard processes and procedures. You’ll have a positive impact on our organization, and change the way that our customers live, work, and play.
- Active real-time security monitoring
- Advanced security event detection and threat analysis for complex and/or escalated security events
- Provide log/network/malware/device analysis and making recommendations for remediation of security vulnerability conditions
- Develop internal and/or external documentation, such as detailed procedures, playbooks, and operational metrics reports
- Coordinate with Senior Analysts and/or Duty Manager for high priority incidents
- May also perform QA functions to ensure quality ticketing practices across the team
What we’re looking for...
You'll Need to Have:
- 4+ years of experience in a network threat incident response and investigation position
- TCP/IP networking skills to perform packet and log analysis
- Experience with multiple attack vectors such as Malware, Trojans, Exploit Kits, Ransomware and Phishing techniques
- Must be able to work one weekend a month
Even Better if You Also Have:
- SANS or other Security industry certifications such as GCIA, GCIH, GREM, or GPEN
- Perl, Python scripting
- ITIL Foundations training / certification
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Hands-on experience with SIEM platforms, such as Security Analytics, Splunk, or ArcSight, Firewalls, Intrusion Detection/Prevention Systems, Proxies, Web Applications, and/or Penetration Testing
- Strong communication skills and ability to engage with customers to understand their requirements
- Capability to effectively multi-task, prioritize work, and handle competing interests
- Proactive in following up on customer issues
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/2385070-senior-security-analyst
• Post ID: 45537757 nova