What you’ll be doing...
As a Senior Security Analyst in our Security Operations Center, you will handle day-to-day tasks involving SOC (CSIRT) monitoring, incident analysis and investigation, and provide recommendations for remediation as well as short-notice ad hoc work, and see them through to completion. Providing critical value to the SIEM management service, you will leverage your extensive knowledge to provide context to events. You will provide recommendations for remediation actions and suggestions for implementing best practices and improving standard processes and procedures. You’ll have a positive impact on our organization, and change the way that our customers live, work, and play.
- Conduct active real-time security monitoring
- Perform advanced security event detection and threat analysis for complex and/or escalated security events
- Provide log/network/malware/device analysis and making recommendations for remediation of security vulnerability conditions
- Develop internal and/or external documentation, such as detailed procedures, playbooks, and operational metrics reports
- Coordinate with SIEM Architects and/or Shift Lead for high priority incidents
- Perform QA functions to ensure quality ticketing practices across the team as necessary
What we’re looking for...
You'll Need to Have:
- 3+ years of experience in a security monitoring/incident handling position
- Experience with multiple attack vectors such as Malware, Trojans, Exploit Kits, Ransomware and Phishing techniques
- Ability towork hours outside of normal schedulethat include occasional weekend work
Even Better If You Have:
- A Bachelor’s Degree
- TCP/IP networking skills to perform packet and log analysis
- Perl, Python scripting
- SANS or other Security industry certifications such as GIAC, GSEC, GCIA, GCIH, GREM, GPEN or OSCP
- Hands-on experience with SIEM platforms, such as RSA Security Analytics, Splunk, or ArcSight; also Firewalls, Intrusion Detection/Prevention Systems (Snort, Bro, Mcafee IPS, Sourcefire), Proxies, WAF (Imperva, f5 ASM), FireEye and/or Pen Testing
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to engage customers,understand their requirements, and provide recommendations
- Proactive in following up on customer issues
- Experience to create technical and procedural documentation
- Ability to effectively multi-task, prioritize work, and handle competing interests
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/8134379-senior-security-analyst
• Post ID: 40622517 nova