What you’ll be doing...
What you’ll be doing...
Delivers consulting project activities, ranging from kickoff process through final delivery through medium to long term engagements requiring varied interpersonal and technical skills. Technical responsibilities include problem identification, system architecture definition, hardware/software specification and/or design, implementation, testing, client training, and solution deployment. Viewed by customers as a consultant and performance is measured by delivery of agreed solutions within budgeted hours. Works on problems of complex scope where analysis of situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors. Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
- Identify, assess, and develop solutions for customer information technology security infrastructure regarding risks and vulnerabilities.
- Identify gaps in the security architecture, and develop recommendations for long and short term roadmap for corrections.
- Where applicable, work closely with the Verizon PM team to ensure that project scope is correctly delivered and that the practice requirements are defined and delivered.
- Provide support for analyzing configurations and installing multi-vendor hardware and software security products with an emphasis on Palo Alto skills for this position. Skills with other firewall and network security technologies also desirable.
- Work with minimal supervision as an individual contributor and as part of a team.
- Applicable knowledge of:
- Network intrusion detection
- Security audits, diagnostics, forensic tools
- Web access controls
- Management tools and procedures
- Enterprise security programs
What we’re looking for...
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) in Computer Science or a related field.
- 10+ years of technical experience required, including 5+ years in security services.
- Strong analytical skills required.
- Document procedures that conform to a prescribed style and format.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Even better if you have...
- Previous consulting experience within a Professional Services organization.
- Industry certifications for Palo Alto and other security technologies.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/7153481-network-security-engineer
• Post ID: 37617092 nova