What you’ll be doing...
This position will be part of the IT Information Security Office (ISO) supporting the HR or Finance Business Unit. The HR (CAO) or Finance (CFO) Security Risk team will be focused on improving the security risk posture through engagement in IT and business initiatives impacting the HR or Finance, IT network, information assets and business operations. The team will work with IT application leaders, business owners and Third Party business partners to ensure the security requirements are fulfilled and risks are reduced.
- This role will provide focused risk analysis support across the HR (CAO) or Finance (CFO) portfolio partners providing process guidance and risk assessment.
- Participate as a stakeholder representing Information Security in functional and technical requirements and design sessions via the agile and traditional software development methodologies.
- Assign a preliminary risk profile by identifying the information security risk factors based on data classification, design, and functional purpose and use
- Specific attention to the following control areas is required: authentication, authorization, access controls (network and user), secure transmission and storage, encryption/key management, segmentation and network zoning, data flows, third party access and connectivity and functional purpose.
- Work with architecture teams to understand enterprise solutions and impacts on security controls.
- Collaborate and build relationships with IT colleague’s core business partners for continued security education and awareness.
- Preform detailed risk assessment and provide risk reduction recommendations and security requirements and guidance to IT and business teams supporting the initiatives.
- Provide security requirements during planning sessions, functional and technical requirement sessions, user story creation and grooming, and technical design based on identified risks.
- Determine if any compensating controls are necessary due to inability to comply with the primary control requirements. Facilitate and help design compensating controls when needed.
- Ensure requirements and design include approved strategic security technologies.
- Complete and present to Security management and business sponsors a risk assessment evaluation articulating risk and impact analysis when security controls cannot be met by an initiative to ensure transparency and appropriate level of acceptance.
- Broker meetings as needed between project team members and specialized security experts when additional details are required or circumstances are unique or private (under special NDA).
- Participate weekly meetings with management and security team peers to provide project updates and risk overviews.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
Even Better if you have;
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/2519502-security-risk-analyst
• Post ID: 46937452 nova