What you’ll be doing...
As a Security Analyst you will be responsible for responding to and investigating network threats for our GNOSC (Government Network Operations and Security Center). You will ensure that our managed security services customers receive professional service and prompt response to their incident response and investigation needs. You will support the 24x7 Floor Operations / Service Desk function for our managed security service customers – this means initiating and working Incident Management tickets, responding to trouble calls/emails from customers, and ensuring proper work flows/assigning trouble tickets to Specialists and other employees. You will provide first level security incident handling (60%) change management (10-20%) - also act as points of escalation for Managed Security Services Specialists (10-20%) and perform device and health monitoring (10%). The hours of this position are either Sunday – Thursday OR Tuesday – Saturday from 3:30 p.m. - 11:30 p.m. .
- Security incident handling involves investigating issues to determine if there is a real security incident or a false positive, notifying customers as needed, and sending customers standardized emails specifying the steps they need to take to fix the problems. You are often the first to see an issue, or the issue may have been escalated from another team/management.
- Change management involves processing change requests relating to security devices such as firewalls, intrusion detection systems and RSA SecurID servers.
- Device and health monitoring involves troubleshooting network connectivity problems concerning managed security devices, often time working with Advanced Support Team engineers and/or vendors/partner technology teams on device replacement/reconfig.
- Focus on SLA attainment for your shift by ensuring ticket buckets have been "scrubbed" and that issues are followed through until completion or escalation.
- Prepare Shift turnover and Shift Report to ensure continuous smooth continuous workflows between shifts.
Assisting senior analysts with:
- payload analysis (packet analysis)
- Arcsight/Splunk/CARE usage
- Device troubleshooting
- Health/alert monitoring
- Special Projects from Management
What we’re looking for...
You'll Need to Have:
- 2+ years of experience responding to and investigating network threats
- Experience analyzing packet capture/payload
- Experience with ArcSight, Splunk, Cisco ASA, JunOS, Fortinet
- Experience delivering on customer service requests
- The ability to work a flexible schedule across a 24/7 operation, which will mostly consist ofeither Sunday – Thursday OR Tuesday – Saturday from 3 p.m. - 11:30 p.m.
- The ability to qualify for a government security clearance
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree
- Active technical certifications in the security field
- Experience with Sourcefire, Checkpoint, Tripwire, Bluecoat Proxy
- Knowledge of ITIL and/or previous work in an ISO operating environment
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/8137993-security-analyst
• Post ID: 40622337 nova