What you’ll be doing...
The Network and Security Analyst will work on both network and security incidents and operations responsibilities. The goal of the position is to ensure GNOSC (Government Network Operations and Security Center) customers receive professional service and prompt response to their needs. You will support the 24x7 Floor Operations / Service Desk function for our managed network services customers. You will initiate and work incident management tickets, respond to trouble calls/emails from customers, establish secure portal access through secure certs and/or RSA token management, and perform network surveillance/ security analytics as assigned by the shift lead. The position is full time – eight hours per day supporting the overnight shift from 11 p.m. - 7:30 a.m. and will work out of our Ashburn, Virginia location.
In this role you will:
- Learn: physical topology and logical design for the customer’s network and security implementations; customer and Verizon-provided equipment across major vendors such as Cisco, Juniper, CheckPoint, IronPort, FireEye, BlueCoat, etc
- Communicate: handle customer, LEC, 3rd party vendor calls in a timely, professional manner; provide status/communications to the customers via tickets on the progress of their incidents within the prescribed amount of time per the SLA
- Monitor: use various surveillance systems responsible for reporting the health of the devices for GNOSC customer equipment, and act upon faults when necessary
- Troubleshoot: examine potential security threats via log analytics; apply standard fault isolation methodologies on both physical and logical problems with customer/carrier networks utilizing remote access tools
- Interact: directly with other Verizon network and security engineers/groups, Local Exchange Carrier groups, vendor/partners, GNOSC Advanced Technical Support, and customer teams
What we’re looking for...
You Must Have:
- Bachelor's Degree or 1+ years of experience on a help desk, network operations, or security operations team handling incident management/ticket triage
- Must be able to work11p.m. - 7:30 a.m. in our Ashburn, Virginia office
- Must have, or be able to qualify for, a government Secret clearance
Ideally You'll Also Have:
- Experience working on network and security service requests, problem resolution
- Experience operating under service level agreements
- Hands-on experience in configuring and troubleshooting network or security devices OR experience on a service desk team handling incident management/triage tickets
- Experience with ticketing tools such as BMC Remedy
- Understanding of networking protocols such as IPVPN, TCP/IP, UDP, IPSec; Solid understanding of IPv4. Good understanding of DNS, NTP, Firewalls, ACLs
- One active technical certification – Cisco, Juniper, A+/Sec+/Net+
- Experience with network management and/or performance analysis tools.
- Experience with Security Analytics tools (SIEMs such as TripWire, Splunk)
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/2508892-network-and-security-operations-analyst
• Post ID: 46619067 nova