Manager International Trade Compliance 3 - Northrop Grumman Corporation (Herndon, Virginia)
Are you interested in the opportunity to work for an industry-leading company whose work with cutting-edge technology is driven by something human: the lives our technology protects? Northrop Grumman Technology Services is seeking a
Manager International Trade Compliance 3 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Herndon, VA.
If so, Northrop Grumman may be the place for you. It’s not the systems that drive us: it’s the soldier our systems bring home. It’s not just the equipment that motivates us: it’s the people our equipment protects. It’s not the innovation that gets us up in the morning: it’s whom those innovations serve. We’re united by our work to help people and protect the world. And that mission makes our team even stronger.
When you join Northrop Grumman, you’ll have the opportunity to connect with coworkers in an environment that’s uniquely caring, diverse, and respectful. Employees share experiences, insights, perspectives, and creative solutions
with some of the best minds in the industry. We collaborate through integrated product teams, cross-functional teams, and employee resource groups, while thriving through the support of training and development, mentors and every day
coaching, along with extensive health and work/life benefits. We’re committed to our employees’ professional and personal development and success.
Northrop Grumman recruits top talent with traditional and non-traditional backgrounds in order to ensure our team is united, connected, skilled, focused and innovative. An inclusive workplace of people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives is the key to our performance.
At Northrop Grumman, we want our employees to bring their whole self to work. All your different sides are welcome here, as we believe they make our team, our products and our services, that much better.
Northrop Grumman Technology Services (NGTS) is seeking a highly qualified candidate to join the NGTS Export/Import Management team. This position reports to the Director of International Trade Compliance for the NGTS Sector. Responsibilities include providing comprehensive internal export and import guidance, expertise and analysis for a variety of international programs.
- Oversee and develop licensing strategies, export authorizations, training and guidance based upon knowledge of the U.S. export regulations and implementation of Northrop Grumman policies and procedures.
- Serves as a company Empowered Official and ensures compliance with export regulations, license preparation and processing, and the use of exemptions and exceptions in lieu of licensing for business areas.
- Reviews and signs export and temporary import license and agreement applications in compliance with applicable U.S. government laws and regulations.
- Ensures compliance with business processes for submitting to and obtaining from the US government all necessary export and import licenses, permits and certifications.
- Executes operational processes for assuring trade compliance through gate reviews of technical data, foreign travel, foreign visits and export and import shipments
- Responsible for commodity jurisdiction and classification determinations.
- Maintains awareness of changing export control laws and regulations and provides analysis regarding applicability and impact to company products and technologies, as well as existing company export policies and procedures.
- Serves as a subject matter expert to support training and education on export related matters.
- As an integral member of Export Import Management team, may perform other duties on a collateral basis, as assigned by the Director of International Trade Compliance, to include leading various Northrop Grumman process improvement projects.
- Supports law department in investigating and resolving compliance problems, questions, or complaints.
- Maintains applicable trade compliance records in accordance with regulatory requirements.
- Attract and retain highly qualified team and assigns international trade compliance talent to the appropriate business portfolios to mitigate compliance risks.
Click here for more info: https://ngc.taleo.net/careersection/jobdetail.ftl?job=17020346&lang=en
• Post ID: 40377882 nova