Posted: Monday, March 20, 2017 12:13 PM
OPIS, an IHS Markit company, is a thriving energy pricing, news and software provider. We provide transparency through educational courses, software tools, real:time news and pricing services, and market:specific benchmark pricing reports that enable our customers to make smarter, more informed decisions. When you work at OPIS, youll enjoy a casual environment where jeans are welcome and fun is part of our mission. You will work for a company that is customer:focused and your work will benefit our customers from just about your first day on the job. We offer competitive salaries; a full benefits package, and an opportunity to grow both your salary and responsibilities while utilizing the latest technologies.
Implementation Consultant, OPIS 13;
Implementation Consultant, OPIS
Were OPIS, an IHS Markit company. Were a leader in providing intelligence on the downstream (energy) refined products marketplace. Our customers : traders, suppliers, commercial end:users, wholesalers and retailers : access our up:to:the minute, award:winning news, analysis and pricing data, delivered through our published reports and on:line services. Were looking for an Implementation Consultant to join our team in Gaithersburg, MD.
As an Implementation Consultant, youll be part of a team responsible for designing, configuring, testing, training and delivering go:live services for products in environmental health, safety and security solutions. Implementation Consultants partner with internal and external customers in order to understand their business needs, develop and deliver solutions, and follow:up to ensure that their needs are met. Specifically, you will:
* Apply business concepts while acquiring higher level knowledge and skills.
* Analyze and propose practical and innovative solutions for our clients.
* Work on issues of diverse scope or where analysis requires evaluation of a variety of factors.
* Develop in:depth understanding of complex solution requirements to produce optimal designs consistently.
* Prepare client ready presentations.
* Conduct advanced methodology and software training; power user training.
* Contribute to moderately complex implementation projects and issues.
Required Skills and Attributes
* Organizes ideas for logical presentation and understanding.
* Takes responsibility for obtaining and sharing needed information.
* Open, approachable, and a willing source for advice.
* Proactively takes ownership of problems and identifies opportunities to solve problems.
* Able to break a problem apart into smaller pieces to enhance understanding.
* Willing and able to question self and others.
* Develops and implements clear action plans for solution design and testing.
* Willing to make difficult decisions and accepts responsibility for all implications.
* Establishes milestones and checkpoints to ensure efficient, successful results.
* Makes specific commitments based on requirements and resources and follows through on them.
* Demonstrates independence, and the ability own interpretation to produce results.
2:5 years of relevant experience
College degree (Bachelors or equivalent) in related field : engineering, safety or environmental science preferred.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/Disability/Veterans. View the EEO is the law poster here.
We maintain a drug:free workplace and perform pre:employment drug testing.
IHS Markit endeavors to make our career sites accessible to any and all users. If you would like to Apply regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, or call
This contact information (email and phone) is intended for accommodation requests only. Unfortunately we are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the email address above
• Location: gaithersburg, Northern Virginia
• Post ID: 27252017 nova