What you’ll be doing...
We’re looking for you to help grow our business. You’ll oversee all proposal activities from assigning the right team members to a proposal to creating the template through to delivery of a well-written, competitive proposal. You’ll lead and guide the proposal team throughout the process, and manage their schedules and the review cycle. Your role is critical to our success in pursuing and capturing new business.
- Project managing the proposal process from start to finish.
- Assigning the right proposal leaders and team members to the right proposals.
- Designing the template, planning, resourcing, tracking, and orchestrating activities to generating content through to proposal production.
- Analyzing Requests for Proposals, identifying all requirements, criteria, and gaps, and preparing the proposal outline.
- Ensuring that the proposal is on track via regular status meetings and conducting key reviews.
- Polishing the final proposal ensuring its accuracy, compliance, and most importantly, its effectiveness at solving the customer need and conveying why we are the right choice.
The Integrated Deal Manager (IDM) is responsible for leading and project managing complex RFx requests. Responsibilities include but are not limited to, developing a Global Project Workbook, tracking the timeline, Action Items, key deliverables, facilitating on-going project status calls through the entire project timeline, administering document reviews, technical solution reviews, and cost review.
The successful candidate must be able to discern between standard solution components and non-standard components. The IDM must be able to recognize and address complex non-standard elements and identify and collaborate with subject matter experts to define a resolution and assist in preparing documentation for executive review. Moreover, the individual must be able to lead the cross functional deal desk leads to a competitive outcome under demanding response intervals.
Opportunities may require custom billing with IT development &/or manual report building and tracking. In this case custom reporting will need to be reviewed and analyzed. All Billing components will need to be reviewed to research alternative options that could reduce costs. IT tools integration may also explored.
The IDM receives general direction and specific details of each RFx opportunity from Deal Desk. The IDM then determines appropriate resources and subject matter experts (aka stakeholders) required prior to formal project kick off. The IDM will track progress through the deal lifecycle, tracking commitments and delivery as appropriate to guide the deal to on-time client delivery.
The Integration Deal Manager (IDM) is a team player with excellent verbal and written communication skills, who displays a positive, professional attitude at all times and assumes responsibility and accountability for all projects. The IDM must work well under deadlines and pressure. The IDM must also display proficiency in multi-tasking and determining priorities in a rapidly changing environment. The IDM possesses advanced technical knowledge of VES Products and Services. IDMs matrix-manage and coordinate key project team members, which typically include, sales, legal, pricing and contract management, billing, solution architects, product management, and associated subject matter experts.
What we’re looking for...
Being part of the team that grows our business excites you. You have a sense of urgency that is second to none when it comes to getting work done and meeting deadlines. You enjoy working across groups and meeting customer needs. You thrive on working in a demanding, fast-paced environment.
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or related field, or six or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Government proposal writing experience.
Even better if you have:
- Experience as Proposal Manager with Shipley process knowledge.
- Public Sector Cloud Computing and Data Center soliciting and proposal experience.
- Experience managing proposal efforts in a government contracting environment.
- Knowledge of trends and marketing/media tools related todriving deep engagement with various consumers.
- A PMP certification.
• The IDM must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Adobe Acrobat, and SalesForce collaboration software.
• APMP, ITIL, PMP certifications preferred
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 6+ Years of project management experience related to IDM-type work
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/7117344-proposal-manager
• Post ID: 36713783 nova