Posted: Friday, March 2, 2018 4:55 AM
A Web Infrastructure Engineer is needed to work with a team responsible for delivery and administration of Oracle WebLogic infrastructure in support of business initiatives. Specific activities and associated deliverables include: support WebLogic Dev, Test and Prod environments; assist in project releases; configure and install WebLogic and other middleware; automate administration tasks.
Required Technical Skills:
- Min 5 years' experience with UNIX, WebLogic and other middleware administration and shell scripting.
- 5:7 years' experience with Oracle WebLogic as administrator, to include installation, configuration, troubleshooting.
- Experience automating routine WebLogic administrative tasks using WLST/Jython, ksh, or other tools.
- Ability to drive automation of middleware products, especially Oracle WebLogic, Apache, Tomcat, WebMethods.
- Ability to identify process improvement opportunities and implement solutions.
H- Strong Unix experience with UNIX shells scripting: Solaris, RedHat Linux.
- Demonstrated ability to manage competing demands, prioritize work, and manage customer expectation.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Work on shifts to support projects.
- Create/configure new middleware instances required by the project.
- Work with team leads to automate installation steps with scripts and BladeLogic.
- Automate or improve existing automation to monitor baseline on new instances.
- Perform troubleshooting and/or configuration changes to resolve middleware issues.
- Write documentation for other administrators.
- Team player attitude; ability to interact with all levels of an organization in a professional, diplomatic, and tactful manner.
- Participate in meetings with technical staff to discuss issues in plans and strategies.
- Knowledge of infrastructure/network components (Big IP, 3DNS, Firewalls).
- Use of ClearCase.
- Use of ServiceNow Incident Management.
• Location: Northern Virginia, reston
• Post ID: 46636327 nova