What you’ll be doing...
As evidenced by the increasing number of high profile security breaches, cyber security has become one of the greatest business concerns for many of our customers.Many of the world’s largestcompaniesrely on Verizon toprotecttheir most criticaldata and network infrastructure.Weare makingsignificant investments in ourbusiness to meet the ever-expanding demands of our customers for end-to-end cyber security services delivered on a global scale. Given our sizeable market opportunity, weare pursuing an integrated product, marketing, and sales strategyto drive aggressive growth in ourbusiness. As a core member of a cross-functional, go-to-market team, you will take a lead role in developing and driving Verizon’s overall marketing strategy and thought leadership activities for cyber-security services.
To this end, you will:
- Design and oversee market, customer and competitive research to achieve needed insight for strategic positioning and ensure that the strategy is in line with the market dynamics and trends and that the sales “motion” is appropriate for customer buying patterns.
- You’ll work with various stakeholders including product development, marketing communications, sales and professional services to implement and refine key go-to-market activities.
- Given your knowledge of the market, you will also serve as a principal subject matter expert in cyber security and as such will be lead various internal and market-facing meetings/events to build brand awareness and demonstrate Verizon’s capabilities and expertise.
- You will also assist in specific customer opportunities and executive briefings to provide specific market or solution expertise.
- Finally you will also be closely involved in architecting the sales training curriculum, training the sales and sales engineering teams and developing various sales tools and collateral to help drive the messaging into the market via the sales teams.
What we’re looking for...
You must have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in a related field of study, or equivalent experience.
- 10+ years’ work experience in the information technology or management consulting industries.
Ideally you will also have:
- Deep understanding of the cyber security market either from the technology or service provider perspective.
- 5+ years’ experience in strategy, business development and/or marketing roles within large, complex company environments.
- Experience in designing and executing market and customer analysis and then applying the information gained to drive the development of effective go-to-market strategies.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills. Strong attention to detail and commitment to producing quality work. Strong problem solver. Positive, energetic, creative thinker.
- Strong cross-functional leadership experience.
- Ability to work in a fast, results-driven environment while maintaining a longer term strategic perspective of Verizon’s role with cyber security industry.
- Strong ability to work collaboratively with product and sales teams Able to communicate effectively with peers and leaders and provide recommendations and direct feedback.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/2277101-cyber-security-marketing-strategy-manager
• Post ID: 43696997 nova