If you are a management professional who is looking to take on a fun and rewarding new challenge, join our team as our Sous Chef. As the Sous Chef you will assist in overseeing daily restaurant operations related to our kitchen and food preparation areas. From managing kitchen staff and inventory to ensuring that our guests are served exceptional meals every time, your leadership skills and commitment to first-rate cooking will ensure we do our part in delivering exceptional food and service.
In addition, our commitment to your continued professional development makes this a great opportunity for you to build a career with us. If you want more out of your career, you ve come to the right place.
The Sous Chef is a very hands-on position in which you will be responsible for the daily operations of all back-of-the-house functions and for providing the finest food for our customers.
- Directing and checking the progress of the prep staff and checking for food quality and consistency
- Assisting in the hiring and training of back-of-the-house employees
- Taking responsibility for inventory and cost centers for all food
- Checking all kitchen equipment and setting it up for daily use
- Enforcing safety and sanitary practices, maintenance and regulatory compliance for the kitchen area
- Ensuring that operational basics and standards are adhered to with total commitment and passion: includes line checks, testing, training, recipe adherence, window management, cook times, etc.
- Supervising the set-up and food production areas within the kitchen to maximize productivity and minimize waste
- Managing staffing levels and shift assignments
- Keeping kitchen, dish, and storage areas clean and organized
- Checking and balancing product inventory from previous day of business as well as placing food and supply orders
- Serving as a role model and a source of inspiration to our team members and other managers
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 2-year culinary degree preferred, but not required
- Minimum 2 years experience as a supervisor at a casual dining or dinner house restaurant
- ServSafe Sanitation certification
- Bilingual in Spanish, a plus
- Must possess a valid driver s license
- Ability to lift 50 pounds regularly
- Willingness to travel
- Must be able to work in the United States on a permanent basis
- No international relocation assistance available
- Internal candidates must have supervisory experience.
- 100% Medical paid for the individual
- 100% Vision paid for the individual
- Two weeks paid vacation per year
- Three personal days per year
- Participation in company s bonus program
About g3 G.R.E.A.T. Grille Group:
In 2005 three entrepreneurial minded guys decided there was an opportunity to open great sports restaurants. These concepts would be focused on the best game day experience along with excellent food and stellar service in a great looking facility that men and women of all ages would enjoy all year round.
Through their friend and NFL star running back Eddie George, they opened the Eddie George s Grille 27 in Columbus, Ohio in February, 2006. Next was the Jerome Bettis Grille 36 in Pittsburgh, PA in June, 2007. Both restaurants continue to win numerous local awards and are successful all year round!
The word spread about the restaurants and eventually a new opportunity came along with various sports teams wanting these type of restaurants for their cities and fans. Due to the quality, integrity and reputation of the G.R.E.A.T. Grille Group, they were permitted to create the first ever NFL team restaurants. The Indianapolis Co
• Post ID: 27016909 nova