Posted: Friday, January 19, 2018 4:16 AM
Part Time Prep Cook
Must be 18 or older
The grand opening of the new Chantilly store will be in June 2018.
The Chantilly store will be open 6am-midnight, 7 days a week.
Full-time interviews will begin in September 2017
Part-time interviews will begin in December 2017
Opportunities are for Year-Round Employment
Online correspondence through email is important throughout the Wegmans hiring process. Please ensure that your contact information is accurate and changes are updated as they occur.
14280 Park Meadow Dr.
Chantilly, VA 20151
Want a job you'll LOVE?
Our Prepared Foods department offers customers healthy, affordable meal solutions throughout the entire day. In this position, you'll educate our customers about the exceptional ingredients and products we offer and assist in the creation of a variety of entr e and side dishes. If you have a passion for working with food and are looking to develop your skills and talents, this could be the role for you!
Looking for Career Growth? Watch our video!
How do I make a difference?
Providing Incredible, Knowledge Based Customer Service
- Proactively approach customers at the counter, weigh and package prepared items as requested, answer questions about products, offer suggestions for meal solutions and respond with a sense of urgency
- Utilize resources to increase knowledge of products and practices by connecting with team leaders and department managers and recognizing how featured items and themes tie into the department, particularly regarding Menu magazine
- Follow Wegmans core recipes, production lists, and proper knife skills to prep ingredients and ensure a quality and consistent outcome
- Follow Wegmans Guiding Principles and department job aides to ensure ingredients are ready to be used to avoid setbacks or delays in kitchen operations
- Maintain appearance of Chef's case by refilling products, setting up supplies, and ensuring station is well-merchandised and signs are properly displayed
- Perform closing procedures, including cleaning stations, storing prepared food to maintain freshness & quality, and leaving the department ready for tasks to take place efficiently the next morning
- Properly handle products, use equipment, keep accurate logs and follow sanitation practices in accordance with food and human safety guidelines and Simplification 5S procedures
- Support, encourage, and respect co-workers
- Work with supervisor to set and achieve goals for professional development
- Comply with Wegmans Policies and Work Rules, as well as, federal and state laws
- Maintain open lines of communication with supervisors and coworkers to ensure the most efficient operations in the department
Ensuring High Quality Products & Ingredients
Living Who We Are
Customer Service Cook 3 Prep Cook
Similar positions include:
Cook, Commis, Boucher, Pantry Chef, Legumier, Potager, Entremetier, Friturier, Grilladrin, Rotisseur, Saucier, Chef de partie, Line Cook, Station Cook, Saute Chef, Prep Cook, Short Order Cook, Grill Cook, Fry Cook, Banquet Cook
Associated topics: baking, breakfast, cocinera, cocinera de la preparacion, cocinera de produccion, cocinero, food preparation, grill, kitchen, line cook
• Location: Chantilly, Northern Virginia
• Post ID: 44500952 nova