What you’ll be doing...
The Threat Monitoring analyst is considered a crucial role in defense of Verizon’s computing environment. Monitoring and analysis of potential and active threats targeting Verizon defines this role. Analysts must be agile, willing to learn, and think outside of the box in order to operate effectively in an ever changing threat landscape. This mid-career position provides an opportunity to work in a fast paced collaborative environment defending Verizon from current and future cyber threats.
Responsibilities for Mid-Career Threat Monitoring Analyst of the Verizon Threat Management Center: Cyber Security
• Monitor and analyze logs and alerts from a variety of different technologies across multiple platforms in order to identify security incidents affecting the Verizon enterprise •o IDS/IPS
•o Other security technologies
• Assess the security impact of security alerts and traffic anomalies to be able to gather a broad view of the overall risk profile of the enterprise
• Leverage understanding of Operating Systems: Windows, Unix/Linux, and OSX Operating Systems in support of identifying security incidents and to have a proper overview of risk profile
• Provides recommendations to enhance and advance the defensive capabilities of the Threat Management Center (TMC) and its subsequent ability to defend the Verizon Enterprise
• Executes analysis of email based threats to include understanding of email communications, platforms, headers, transactions, and identification of malicious tactics, techniques, and procedures
• Recommends prioritization changes
• Executes automated malware analysis to determine initial threat impact and takes actions appropriately
• Utilize and adhere to defined workflow and processes driving the Threat Monitoring and escalation/handoff actions
• Analyze potential cyber threats from a variety of intakes taking appropriate response actions to include threat containment and/or escalation
• Leverage escalation and handoff procedures to team members and leadership based on defined threat and priority determination
• Utilize a variety of security tools and technologies to analyze potential threats to determine impact, scope, and recovery
• Leverage Network security tools and capabilities to support Cyber Threat Monitoring activities
• Documents results of cyber threat analysis effectively and prepares comprehensive handoff and/or escalation
• Processes tactical mitigations based on results of analysis and determination of threat validity
• Follow-up and follow through with commitments, exhibiting initiative
• Write technical articles for knowledge sharing
• Mentor and provide guidance to junior team members
What we’re looking for...
•Associate’s degree or two or more years of work experience
•Two or more years of relevant work experience
Ideally, you’ll also have:
•Previous Information Assurance or Cyber Experience in the Telecommunications industry
•Previous experience working in a Security Operations Center (SOC) with focus on Computer Network Defense (CND)
•Previous experience working with SIEM technologies (i.e. Splunk)
•Fundamentals of Mobile Platforms: Windows Phone, iOS, Android
•Foundational Knowledge of Enterprise Anti-Virus, IDS, Full Packet Capture and Host/Network Threat Analysis
•Understanding of Networking (including the OSI Model, TCP/IP, DNS, HTTP, SMTP), System Administration, and Security Architecture
•Knowledge of Threat Monitoring Procedures
•Program and Scripting Experience
•Previous experience with Regex
•Ability to comply with any regulatory requirements
•Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of cyber risks and threats related to cyber attackers
•Strong communication and presentation skills along with the ability to work in a highly collaborative environment
•Strong relationship skills and collaborative style to enable success across multiple partners.
•Manage multiple priorities in a high pressure environment
•Demonstrates effective organizational and technical skills
•Effective verbal and written communication skills
•Bachelor degree in a related discipline.
•Three or more years of professional experience. This job role is considered experienced, but still a learner with influencing responsibility on junior team members.
•Certification (A+, Network+, Security+, CISSP, GSEC, GCED, GCIA, and GNFA) a plus
Shift work is required for this role. Shifts are either Sunday - Thursday; Monday - Friday or Tuesday - Saturday and either the Mornings (7am - 4pm) or Afternoons (3pm - 12am)
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/7464250-threat-monitoring-analyst
• Post ID: 35802633 nova