Are you motivated to work in an environment that will challenge you, force you to continuously innovate, and work on solutions that make a difference for our customers? Do you want to be part of an inclusive, collaborative, and agile team? If so, there is a future for you to support a highly visible and strategic program at Northrop Grumman.
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems Virginia Integration Center (VIC) is seeking a System Administrator to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. The position will be located in Fairfax, VA. The ideal candidate will have knowledge and skills related to System Administration activities, including architecture design/development, system/software development life-cycles, and information technology applications. He/She must be able to devise solutions to complex problems and work with minimal direction or oversight. The candidate must be able to determine how his/her tasks fit within the overall objectives of the program and must perform his/her work in accordance with these objectives. The selected candidate will be expected to engage with company leadership, external business partners, and customers, as required to communicate technical information regarding the program.
The candidate will support a geographically distributed team and will be responsible for (at minimum) the following tasks:
• Maintain smooth operation of multi-user computer systems. Monitor and track trouble tickets and changes requests to ensure high quality customer service.
• Collaborates with engineers, project managers, users, and InfoSec stakeholders to determine current/future needs/requirements.
• Ensures data integrity by evaluating vendor products, proposing, implementing and maintaining software and hardware solutions.
• Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use and maintenance of computing resources.
• Performs weekly audits as directed by the Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO).
• Supports the integration and test of hardware, software, subsystems, and systems in a test environment.
• Recommends and implements system enhancements that will improve the performance and reliability of the system; including installing, upgrading/patching, monitoring, problem resolution, and configuration management.
• Creation and maintenance of administrator and user accounts, maintaining system documentation, tuning system performance, installing system wide software and allocating mass storage space, providing backup recovery.
The positions are normally day shift hours, but there will be periods where off hours work will be required. The Candidate will be required to be part of an on-call rotation.
Click here for more info: https://ngc.taleo.net/careersection/jobdetail.ftl?job=17020366&lang=en
• Post ID: 36823768 nova