What you’ll be doing...
- Responsible for ArcSight support across multiple complex and diverse networks. Work with customers, project managers, and network engineering teams to gather requirements that are used to design and deliver technical solutions.
- Performs technical improvements within the managed services tools to deliver world class customer service. Requires the creation and maintenance of documentation to include Use Cases, SOPs, MOPs as well as incident management reports.
- Research and formulate templates, rules, alerts, dashboards and business flows with minor oversight.
- Perform installation, configuration, and technical administration of ArcSight product components, to include: ArcSight ESM, ConApp and Logger.
- Use the ArcSight SIEM for real-time alerting into our existing Network Management System. Develop Use Cases on the ArcSight platform that address the latest security scenarios, threats, and regulatory compliance issues.
- Proactively monitor and report on current security threats as they relate the company's deployed product. Utilize compliance and vulnerability assessment tools like Nessus to analyze products for configuration and patch vulnerabilities.
- Work closely with other departments to mitigate security events by providing the needed analysis and leadership, to bolster Verizon’s ability to identify intrusion detection/mitigation.
- Successfully undergo an intensive background investigation.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in Network Security, Data Privacy, Risk management, Security Analysis and Incident Response utilizing SIEM technology.
- Experience using ArcSight ESM.
Even better if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Multiple security related certifications like CISSP, SSCP, CCFP and CEH. Other relevant certifications such as CCNP, CCNA, SANS.
- Ability to perform the following tasks: installation, configuration, and technical administration of ArcSight product components, to include: ArcSight ESM, ConApp and Logger.
- Hands on experience in installing, deploying, documenting, and troubleshooting network perimeter security technologies such as firewalls, proxy servers, intrusion prevention/detection (IDS/IPS).
- Knowledge of security compliance policy, programs, processes, and metrics.
- Knowledge of Cyber Security and Information Protection and Privacy.
- Strong networking background combined with security.
- Comfort working within a Linux environment, preferably Redhat; basic knowledge of scripting, preferably in multiple languages.
- Very detail-oriented and the ability to interact with other staff and customers effectively, in person or by phone.
- Critical thinking, problem solving skills.
- Willingness to work a flexible work schedule to include evenings.
- Willingness to travel up to 25% of the time.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/2278852-siem-engineer-arcsight
• Post ID: 43122042 nova