What you’ll be doing...
If you are curious about new technology and the possibilities it creates, then this job may be perfect for you. As part of the Information Technology team, you will work on new technologies and find ways to meet our customers’ needs and make it easy for them to do business with us. You will use your expertise to solve complex problems and find unique solutions. The work you’ll do every single day will make people’s lives, work and play better.
We are looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer to join the MyVerizon Digital Self Service team. The Senior DevOps Engineer will be responsible for development, maintenance and execution of tools and processes that build, deploy, automate and streamline code management and the product deployment processes. They will also partner with the team to develop, improve, and document build, CICD processes and procedures. They will be responsible for software source code, change control, configuration, build and deployment process for large scale Java based applications. The ideal candidate is a self-motivated team player with excellent analytical, problem solving, and collaboration skills.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant experience.
- Three or more years of DevOps tool experience - Jenkins, Git, Ansible, Atlassian products-(Jira, Bitbucket, & Bamboo) , Hygieia, Log stash, Docker.
- Hands-on experience with REST , SOAP and web-based applications.
Even better if you have:
- A degree.
- Proficient in Agile development methodologies.
- Experience with cloud-based infrastructure-as-a-service platforms.
- Familiarity with Web services, Web applications, and applications that operate in a cloud environment (such as AWS).
- Security tools - HP Fortify, WebInspect, and Crucible etc.
- Experience with Testing Tools/Framework - Selenium, Cucumber.
- Experience with Machine learning, IBM Watson AI, Microservices is a plus.
- Experience with configuration management tools.
- Teamwork & collaboration skills to work across organizations and lead cross-functional teams.
- Communication & stakeholder management skills.
- Problem solving skills to develop quick yet sound solutions to resolve complex issues.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/7662612-senior-devops-engineer
• Post ID: 37206557 nova