What you’ll be doing...
Verizon Enterprise Solutions, the creators of the industry renowned Data Breach Investigations Report (DBIR), and home to one of the world’s largest internet backbones, is seeking a Senior Splunk Analyst to work as an integral part of our federal Advanced Security Operations Center. This position comes with management commitment and encouragement that will foster your growth and our competitive benefits are in the top 1% for employers in our industry and employers of our size.
ThePrincipal Splunk Analyst will be responsible for analyzing the most complex threats and act as an escalation point for other security analysts, managing Splunk implementations for managed security services customers, as well as use case creation, dashboards, tuning, and log source configuration. As a Splunk Analyst you will:
- Work in the Advanced Security Operations Center located in Ashburn, Virginia Monday - Friday
- Support installation and maintenance of network and security devices, including firewalls, data encryption, and IDS/IPS to ensure proper logging and analytical reporting
- Conduct threat analysis on the network and system to find exploitable weaknesses and vulnerability remediation and protection implementation.
- Support escalated security issues through the use of software that detects intrusions and anomalous system behavior
- Lead incident response, including steps to minimize the impact and follow-on technical and forensic investigation to discover origin of breach and the extent of the damage
- Be responsible for advanced security event detection and threat analysis for complex and/or escalated security events
- Provide log/network/malware/device analysis and making recommendations for remediation of security vulnerability conditions
- Validate log sources and indexed data, search through indexed data to optimize search criteria
- Add Customer Context, eliminate “noise” and false positives, and develop trends and data models
- Distill Customer intelligence feeds; use cases, trends and data models
- Create custom alert schema, reports and custom dashboards
- Conduct security training of junior operational staff, to include information security standards, policies and best practices
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Six or more years of experience investigating network threats with analysis experience of multiple attack vectors such as Malware, Trojans, Exploit Kits, Ransomware and Phishing techniques, APTs.
- Experience in network and security device management with troubleshooting on the third-party vendor products, Cisco, Juniper, Fortinet, Palo Alto.
- Active clearance or eligibility to obtain a government issued clearance at the Secret level.
Even better if you have:
- Computer Science or technical, quantitative Bachelor’s Degree.
- TCP/IP networking skills to perform packet and log analysis.
- A motivated and customer-focused SIEM engineer who can work as a subject matter expert. Expert level understanding of SIEM platforms.
- Strong understanding of Splunk Use Case creation, Dashboards and Tuning.
- Strong Splunk Enterprise Security (ES) experience to include Index Design, Infrastructure, Data Collection, Deployment Management, Data Enrichment, Querying, Integration and Operations.
- Security Analysis experience to include incident classification, investigation and remediation.
- Strong Linux, Perl, Python scripting and CLI skills.
- SANS or other Security industry certifications such as GIAC, GSEC, GCIA, GCIH, GREM, GPEN or OSCP.
- SIEM Security Operations Management experience.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/2424079-principal-splunk-analyst
• Post ID: 44051387 nova