Posted: Friday, August 18, 2017 12:08 AM
Company Name:Cougaar Software Inc.
Benefits Offered Life, Vision, Medical, 401K, Dental
Employment Type Full-Time
One (1) or more years of general IT experience developing web-based, Java, J2EE technology solutions in a UNIX/Linux or Windows environment; and knowledge in the use of SQL, OWL, SOAP, and similar languages. Candidates are expected to have a general understanding of the software engineering life cycle processes; and communication skills to support technical presentations and collaborate/cooperate with team members and customer representatives.
Education: Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science or related field
Work Authorization: US Citizen
Job Description: Successful candidates must be able to work independently and as a member of a team involved in the research, design, development and implementation of intelligent agent solutions. Will be expected to work with minimal supervision to support activities associated with the development of complex business solutions using advanced technologies.
• Proficient in Java SE 1.5 or higher
• Strong problem solving skills
• Proficient in UI Frameworks, Swing and JavaFX
• Experience working in a small team environment
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Experience with all levels of the software development lifecycle
Additional Desired Experience:
• Ability to effectively multitask and contribute to multiple projects simultaneously
• Experience with one or more modern development IDEs such as Eclipse or IntelliJ
• Experience with one or more build tools such as Jenkins/Hudson and Maven, or Gradle
• Experience with agile project management software such as Jira
• Knowledge of RESTful service architectures
• Experience with modeling and simulation techniques and software, such as Anylogic
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Travel: Some occasional travel may be required
Work Site: Cougaar Software, Inc., 1945 Old Gallows Road, Suite 100, Vienna, VA 22182
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, LTD, 401K, Holiday, Vacation, Sick leave
Submit Resumes to: email@example.com
Attn: Donna F. Zuniga, HR/Contracts Administrator
Equal Opportunity Employer - Cougaar Software, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We maintain policies and practices designed to prevent discrimination against qualified candidates on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, veteran status, disability and medical condition, to the extent protected by law.
About Cougaar Software:
Cougaar Software, Inc. is a recognized leader in intelligent agent technology whose mission is to enable our customers to solve complex, dynamic problems by providing them intelligent decision support systems. We provide our customers visionary leadership, distributed intelligent agent platform technologies and high quality design and engineering services. We continue to push the boundaries of technology using a foundation of intelligent cognitive agents and invoking a variety of artificial intelligence and operations research techniques to produce highly automated, tailored, secure and scalable solutions. Our employees work in a self-directed environment where strong team work, individual initiatives and accountability are highly valued and innovative thinking is encouraged. We are looking for intelligent, likeminded, dynamic and enthusiastic individuals with exceptional skills who want to develop, create, and modify exciting next-generation software solutions utilizing agent-oriented design under an agile development approach.
Company address: 1945 Old Gallows Rd, Suite 100, Vienna, VA 22182
• Location: Northern Virginia, Vienna, VA
• Post ID: 34964748 nova