What you’ll be doing...
As a Senior Manager for Professional Services (PS) you will manage a team of technical Principal Consultants, Senior Consultants and Consultants who are responsible for the design and delivery of Verizon Unified Communication (UC) services and product portfolio. As a Senior Manager you must:
Manage team and their training, schedules, career paths, performance, adherence to corporate policies/training and make sure their utilization remains within acceptable ranges and the work they are performing is completed on-time and within budgeted hours.
Provide product and services portfolio support by working and meeting with direct reports, Verizon product teams, Verizon support organizations and technology partners to influence technical direction, contribute to product roadmap, assist in resolving product technical issues and closing technical gaps from presales through delivery.
Own of the overall success of every project being delivered by the team and must be aware of the overall status of every project, own delivery related escalations and technical issue resolution within Verizon and our technology partners.
Provide support to sales and account teams during the presales cycle and day-2 support organizations after project handoff.
Work with peers within PS, product, sales and our technology partners on continual process improvements to improve upon the delivery of Verizon contracted commitments.
Effectively communicate project and/or issue status to Verizon and customer management and executives
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
- A degree.
- 6+ years of managing complex projects and leading the resources that deliver them.
- Solid understanding of Professional Services delivery methodology.
- Understanding of new product and services development and how to maintain and enhance them.
- Demonstrated leadership and outstanding collaboration skills with a proven ability to work cross functionally and act as an influencer at all levels.
- Credibility and confidence to influence product and services decisions and challenge existing processes and procedures that are not in-sync with product and services evolution.
- Ability to communicate effectively with our customers to resolve issues and to respond to escalations.
- Proactive, problem-solving attitude towards product and services technical and business challenges.
- Ability to multi-task and work effectively under tight deadlines and in difficult situations.
- Willingness to work nights/weekends as required to support the team when issues and/or project escalations arise.
- Ability to identify short and long term goals to achieve overall team, organization and company objectives.
- Proven track record in ability to understand technology, staff projects and meet the demands of our sales and account teams from presales through hand-off to day-2 support.
- Ability to effectively participate and lead discussions and present material to all levels within Verizon and customer organizations.
- Ability to work with partners in terms of product and services direction, support and issue resolution.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/2524782-senior-manager-technical-professional-services
• Post ID: 46937292 nova