What you’ll be doing...
Verizon is hiring a Security Operations Center (SOC) Manager to support strategic clients across the region and help to drive strategy around various managed security initiatives. This is an exciting and rare management opportunity to work with the Verizon Security Services team that is operating on the cutting-edge of information security. You will lead a 24x7 team of cyber security specialists that manage dedicated client-based SIEM platforms for a select group of highly engaged clients. Staffing ranges from Tier I analysts through to Tier III Sr. Security Engineers. You will be responsible for performance management, staff development (including training and career development), rostering, capacity planning and skill set management, some project management and collaborating with teams and other SOC Managers across the international Verizon footprint. You will act as owner of the managed security service and provide internal escalation for your team members. You will work collaboratively with our client services organization, security service advisors, professional services, sales and any other teams involved in delivery of the SOC service within Verizon. You will contribute to pursuing cohesion, performance, and leadership as well as service improvement. With regular and ongoing governance of service delivery including reporting, analysis, recommendations for improvements and follow-up, you will nurture working relationships with customers and key stakeholders. You must constantly review existing methods and approaches, addressing any communication or process gaps. You will also manage operations focused programs such as training, client advocacy, transition to operations, change management and knowledge transfer, and will drive new areas for improvement.
- Manage the US Advanced Security Operations Center (SOC) to include Tier-1, Tier-2, Tier-3, contractors and associated personnel, providing first line supervision to direct reports.
- Develop and administer SOC processes and review their application to ensure that the SOC’s controls, policies, and procedures are operating effectively.
- Provide management oversight for the identification, triage and response of events or incidents of apparent security breaches.
- Produce and review aggregated performance metrics.
- Play a significant role in long-term SOC strategy and planning, including initiatives geared toward operational excellence.
- Ensuring that the SOC meets and exceeds the expectations of each customer, including meeting customers’ SLAs and priorities.
- Working with other regional SOC managers to align SOC processes and procedures across all regions and products to guarantee quality of service 24x7.
- Drive automation and efficiencies through rigorous process documentation and enablement of tools.
- Working with professional services, product management, marketing and sales to help grow the business and drive revenue.
- Partner with IT to address existing issues impacting service delivery and identify and help implement automation to drive down costs.
- Ensure team compliance with Security standards such as ISO9000 or ISO27000, SOC Type 1 and 2, and the ISMS systems in use by our Managed Security Services team.
- Build a team that collaborates with other departments to help resolve client issues and improves Verizon’s positioning with independent analysts (e.g. Gartner).
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- 6+ years of Security Operations Center management experience.
- ITILv3 certification.
- Experience investigating security incidents with SIEMs (e.g. Splunk, Qradar, RSA), use case development, and “hunting” strategies.
Even better if you have:
- A degree.
- 7+ years of strong leadership experience as a SOC Manager within a managed security services environment supporting F500 customers with the ability to grow, mentor, and upskill security analysts.
- Mastery of security engineering and network threat investigation concepts with hands-on experience.
- In depth understanding of TCP/IP, endpoint processes, and packet analysis.
- Experience with conducting memory forensics or pen testing.
- CISSP, CISM and SANS knowledge (SANS GIAC certification such as GCIA, GCIH, GSEC, GCFA or OCSP certification) would be an advantage.
- In depth understanding of cyber security trends and application to SOCs.
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced environment and work under pressure.
- A skilled collaborator and complex problem solver with experience managing relationships through internal and external escalations with experience presenting to leadership groups.
- A strong understanding of the current threat landscape with the ability to explain lateral movement and post exploitation detection techniques.
- Ability to analyze customer threat trends and threat posture and provide security advice.
- Technical ability to function as incident response escalation when needed
- Experience with reporting to measure Security Analysts and overall ASOC performance.
- A can-do attitude with a relentless focus on our customers.
- Ability to translate security concerns into business context and articulate to executives, while weighing business needs against security concerns in the decision making process
- Measured the impact that process or tools changes have on service delivery.
- Ability to identify and measure key work drivers to drive down service delivery costs.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/2414440-security-operations-manager
• Post ID: 44051492 nova