What you’ll be doing...
The Risk Manager will work closely with the Director of Strategy and Risk. The Risk Manager will be responsible for leading and coordinating, articulating, and tracking actions related to developing and driving the implementation of the cyber security risk management plans, ensuring effective cyber security risk management practices, and engaging with the business unit members on a wide range of cyber security matters to achieve overall business objectives. The Risk Manager will perform research and oversee activities as assigned primarily within risk management. The Risk Manager will lead technical projects across all technical areas to mitigate risk. This individual will engage with the business and various functions such as finance, legal, regulatory, compliance, audit, supply chain to identify risks and implement risk mitigation plans to address cyber security risks. In addition this person will assess the Risk Management capabilities of the CIS organization and other IT security related VZ business units to ensure the proper tools, techniques, procedures, and skills are being applied.
·This position will be on point to:
oRisk Management Plan - Develop and implement corporate wide cyber security risk management plan working across Verizon to include resource management, investment allocations and identification of key risk programs and metrics that ensure the risk management strategy is being executed. Review key cyber security reporting metrics across the business. . Maintain and adjust the risk management strategy, both short and long term, based on changing threat and Verizon information security environment
oRisk Management Actions – will lead and engage with the business and various functions such as finance, legal, regulatory, compliance, audit, supply chain to identify risks and lead the implementation of risk mitigation plans to address cyber security risks. Work with the business on effective risk mitigation plans and address matters requiring executive escalation and decision making. Lead the CIS Risk Management functions, as assigned, and maintain risk management framework
oAssessment – assess the Verizon-wide Risk Management tools, techniques, procedures and skills to ensure the highest of industry standard risk management capabilities throughout the company
oTrain – help train individuals in the risk management functions on proper use of tools, techniques and procedures
oTools – find commonality in the use of tools within the corporation. Be the central point of contact as to the appropriate tools to use based on the Verizon IT security environment. Responsible for the completeness of the capabilities and data within the Verizon Risk Management tools. Make recommendations on other tools that could improve Risk Management within the comany
oBusiness Engagement – will have responsibility for engaging with business leaders, on risk matters ranging from policy and governance to security operations. Provide all administrative and tracking actions/collaboration activities in regards to the CISO interface with Business Unit Information Security Officers and the Information Security Officer Council at it applies to Risk Management. Lead and ensure coordination and consensus with other Verizon Business Unit security teams to align processes and procedures to ensure common approach to risk management activities
oEffectively manage and develop the performance and growth of a team of employees within the Risk Management team
oEnsure all processes and access are in line with corp policies (GSAM, CPI810, etc)
oSupport internal and external audits.
What we’re looking for...
- This candidate should have 10+ years' combined experience in IT , application development and support, and cyber security. This candidate must be able to interact and provide executive level communications to VPs, SVPs and CIOs.
- This candidate should have specific experience in managing information security functions, strategy and risk within a Fortune 100 company with greater than 100K employees. They should have specific experience in strategy development and risk management
- Ideally the candidate will have or be able to build strong, value added, relationships with our CTA and CISO community
- They must have strong communication and analytical skills.
- Bachelor's Degree and/or relevant work experience
- A successful candidate will need to:
- Have an understanding of Verizon’s customers, products and services.
- Have or be able to build a strong understanding of cyber risks and adversaries to Verizon.
- Be able to participate and lead executive dialogues in regards identity and access management
- Have experience creating and maintaining partnering relationships with business leaders at VP, SVP, CIO levels.
- Possess strong communication and presentation skills along with the ability to handle multiple priorities and high stress situations.
- Strong relationship skills and collaborative style to enable success across multiple partners.
- Form a strong partnership with CISO executive leadership.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/8022231-risk-manager-vulnerability-management
• Post ID: 39118892 nova