What you’ll be doing...
Candidate will manage all aspects of implementation of wireless infrastructure deployment projects in given territory or by designated customer. Tasks include but are not limited to, preparing overall delivery schedule and time line, escalating issues internally and externally to meet deliverables, managing project budget internally and with vendor, reporting status of deliverables.
Coordinate and schedule third party and internal resources across multiple organizations to align project requirements with business goals and objectives.
Identify, monitor, report and escalate project-related issues to achieve timely resolution.
Develop and implement corrective action plans to mitigate impact to project schedules and overall business objectives.
Utilize project tracking tools and systems to accurately document milestones completions, project issues, corrective action plans, project jeopardies, and overall project completions.
Maintain excellent communication with Functional Team Members and Direct Management to ensure early identification of issues a timely reporting of status.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
Six or more years of relevant work experience.
Experience managing network implementation projects.
Even better if you have:
- A degree.
- Ten or more years of experience managing network implementation projects.
- Strong technical and project management knowledge.
- General understanding of quality and safety standards for multiple customers.
- Track record of achieving timely and cost-effective delivery of projects.
- Extensive experience implementing outdoor and indoor DAS, small cells, and fiber-related projects; prefer at least 2 or more years of small cells-related project experience.
- Experience and understanding of permitting, rights of way and jurisdictional requirements prior to construction starts.
- Experience in scoping and supporting pricing network implementation scopes of work for wireless carriers.
- Excellent knowledge of PC and software application including Windows and MS Office.
- PMP certification preferred. Military experience desired.
- Engineering, Planning, and/or Operations knowledge, especially with Local and Long-Haul Telecommunications networks, is a big plus.
- Experience with SRM/SAP as well as expense and/or capital budgets in excess of multi-millions of dollars.
- Excellent verbal and written skills for inter-organizational communications, including managing over 10 stakeholders on a given project.
- Strong organization skills and demonstrated ability to manage multiple, often conflicting priorities to successful completion.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/2452619-project-manager
• Post ID: 45140882 nova