What you’ll be doing...
The Business Transformation Team has an immediate opening for Data Analyst, who can provide business solutions by analyzing large data sets. The successful candidate will help in Data analysis, data interpretations, and turn data into meaningful information, which gives insight into business.
- Perform ETL and Integrate multiple data sources and software tools with business line specific decision support and data analysis.
- Develop and implement databases, data collection systems, data analytics and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality Modeling.
- Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing report.
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets.
- Work with management to prioritize business and information needs. Locate and define new process improvement opportunities.
- The candidate must be willing to work in an interdisciplinary field, together with computer scientists, business SMEs, and engineers, and will require excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
- A degree.
- Demonstrated complete understanding and wide application of technical procedures, principles, theories and concepts in the field. General knowledge of other related disciplines.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to convey complex information to management.
- Ability to adapt to quickly changing business environment and requests, that come in related to management requests.
- Comfort working in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Technical Skills:
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with accuracy and developing algorithms.
- Technical experience in maintaining complex database programs, database design development, data mining to support Business and operational decisions.
- Demonstrated experience in management of data in SQL and/or databases (Oracle, Teradata, Hadoop).
- Experience in developing complex queries & performance tuning of SQL queries.
- Exposure to any major ETL tools such as Informatica or SSIS.
- Experience in analysis of large datasets.
- Experience with a multitude of databases in general (Oracle, Teradata).
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing datasets (R, Excel, SPSS, SAS).
- Exposure to data visualization tool Tableau or any similar tools.
- Create data search programs to identify pertinent data needed to provide supporting documentation for operational & Business enhancements.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/2458499-data-analyst
• Post ID: 45140742 nova