What you’ll be doing...
Verizon’s Global Strategic Indirect Sourcing Team is transforming the Indirect, VSIL & GPO Sourcing Group and seeks dynamic Sourcing Professionals who are interested in joining our team.
This Sourcing position will play a lead role in supporting Verizon Wireless, Verizon Enterprise Services and Verizon Consumer Markets in the acquisition, rapid launch and deployment of mobile applications, products, and services to customers in both consumer and business markets with an average annual spend of more than $350M+. The scope of products supported includes, but is not limited to, resale of New Products and Services in the following technology areas: Security, Cloud, Contact Center, Internet of Things, Professional Services and Managed Services successfully leading the Sourcing process and negotiations to achieve favorable contracts for Verizon.
A key aspect of the Sourcing role is building collaborative relationships with our internal business partners as well as strategic relationships with our suppliers. This Category Expert will actively manage multiple time-sensitive requests, effectively interface with all levels of management, and efficiently ensure the sourcing process is completed consistent with Verizon policies and goals.
- Drives all aspects of complex strategic sourcing process including but not limited to taking lead on contract negotiations of business and pricing terms and conditions, conducting research and providing benchmark data on pricing and/or other key terms and conditions, facilitating RFP’s, and working with the internal business partners to develop negotiations strategies, objectives and plans.
- Leads various Cross Functional Teams (CFTs) to develop Verizon’s requirements and to reach consensus on supplier selections. This includes drafting necessary language to translate business needs into specific requirements for contract-related documents, e.g. Statements of Work (SOW), Letters of Authorization (LOAs), Requests for Proposals (RFPs), etc. This also includes leading the CFT to reach consensus, meet milestones and complete contracting by business partner required dates.
- Manages supplier relationships, effectively maintaining positive and ethical working relationships.
- Supplier rationalization – leverages existing supplier base to appropriately consolidate services. Partners with the business to eliminate maverick spend.
- Stays current with Wireless Technology, Application Development Methodology, and Internet Services business trends as well as Sourcing Best Practices.
- Plans and proposes Sourcing strategies that best support the business. Collaborates closely with key business partners to understand their priorities and challenges; assess their needs on an ongoing basis; and manage their expectations. Earns the business partner’s respect and serves as a Trusted Advisor.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in contract management or sourcing.
- Vendor Management experience.
- Project Management experience.
- Experience in Security, Cloud, Contact Center Technology.
- Experience in Professional Services / Resale environment.
- Experience in data analysis and supplier assessment.
Even Better if you have:
- Juris Doctorate, Master’s, MBA or equivalent advanced degree.
- Six plus years of related experience in contract management or sourcing position:
- Experience with competitive bids and RFPs as well as direct negotiations
- Knowledge of Strategic Sourcing processes, policies, and procedures
- Experience in contract negotiations to include business, price and technical terms
- Experience in drafting contract documents required for the establishment of business content elements, e.g. SOWs, LOAs, etc.
- Experience leading and/or participating in CFTs
- Project Management experience in a complex multi-project and multi-geography environment.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Experience developing resolutions to complex problems that require the frequent use of creativity.
- Strong interpersonal and client service skills.
- Strong team leadership skills.
- Self-motivated /self-starter with ability to work independently.
- Strong oral and written communication skills with experience in influencing others.
- Certifications from the National Contract Management Association (NCMA):
- Certified Commercial Contracts Manager (CCCM)
- Certified Professional Contracts Manager (CPCM
- Certified Professional in Supply Management (CPSM), Certified Purchasing Manager (CPM) from the Institute of Supply Chain Management (ISM)
- Project Management Professional (PMP) from the Project Management Institute
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/2463694-category-sourcing-manager
• Post ID: 45537997 nova