What you’ll be doing...
Verizon’s Supply Chain Services is transforming the Global Strategic Sourcing Group and seeks a dynamic Sourcing Leader to join our world class Strategic Sourcing Organization. This Sourcing Manager position will play a key role in supporting Verizon Enterprise Solution’s Re-Sale within State, Local and Federal Government of Wireless, Verizon Enterprise Services, and other new products with an average annual spend of more than $350M+. The scope of agencies supported includes, but is not limited to, Federal contracts (WITS, Networx, EIS), E911, US Postal Service, State, Local and Educational Government Agencies (SLED), Commonwealth of Pennsylvania (CoPA), and Commonwealth of Virginia (CoVA).
A key aspect of the Sourcing Manager role is building collaborative relationships with our internal business partners as well as strategic relationships with our suppliers. The Manager will actively set goals to prioritize time-sensitive requests, effectively interface with all levels of management, and efficiently ensure the sourcing process is completed consistent with Verizon policies and goals.
- Sets goals and objectives for the category, monitors progress against those goals, and keeps senior management informed.
- Manages business clients’ expectations and escalations to effectively prioritize the work.
- Reviews upcoming government related projects to determine Sourcing impact and prioritize work accordingly.
- Earns the business partner’s respect and serves as a Trusted Advisor. Plans and proposes a Sourcing Category Strategy that best support the business. Collaborates closely with key business partners to understand their priorities and challenges; assess their needs on an ongoing basis; and manage their expectations.
- Drives all aspects of complex strategic sourcing process including but not limited to taking lead on contract negotiations of business and pricing terms and conditions, conducting research and providing benchmark data on pricing and/or other key terms and conditions, facilitating RFP’s, and working with the internal business partners to develop negotiations strategies, objectives and plans.
- Leads various Cross Functional Teams (CFTs) to develop Verizon’s requirements and to reach consensus on supplier selections. This includes drafting necessary language to translate business needs into specific requirements for contract-related documents, e.g. Statements of Work (SOW), Letters of Authorization (LOAs), Requests for Proposals (RFPs), etc. This also includes leading the CFT to reach consensus, meet milestones and complete contracting by business partner required dates.
- Manages supplier relationships, effectively maintaining positive and ethical working relationships.
- Supplier rationalization – leverages existing supplier base to appropriately consolidate services. Partners with the business to eliminate maverick spend.
- Stays current with business trends as well as Sourcing Best Practices.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Relevant experience in contract management and sourcing.
- Project management experience.
Even better if you have:
- Juris Doctorate, Master’s, MBA or equivalent advanced degree.
- Six or more years of relevant experience in contract management and sourcing position:
- Strong Experience in Government purchasing and negotiations
- Experience with competitive bids and RFPs as well as direct negotiations
- Knowledge of Strategic Sourcing processes, policies, procedures, category strategy, supplier segmentation and supplier risk.
- Experience in contract negotiations to include business, price and technical terms
- Experience in drafting contract documents required for the establishment of business content elements, e.g. SOWs, LOAs, etc.
- Experience leading and/or participating in CFTs
- Project Management experience in a complex multi-project and multi-geography environment
- Strong analytical skills. Experience in data analysis & supplier assessment.
- Experience in Wireless Product Development, Software Development Methodologies, Over the Top Applications, or working in an IT department
- Experience developing resolutions to complex problems that require the frequent use of creativity.
- Strong interpersonal and client service skills.
- Strong team leadership skills.
- Self-motivated /self-starter with ability to work independently.
- Strong oral and written communication skills with experience in influencing others.
- Certifications from the National Contract Management Association (NCMA):
- Certified Commercial Contracts Manager (CCCM)
- Certified Professional Contracts Manager (CPCM)
- Certified Professional in Supply Management (CPSM), Certified Purchasing Manager (CPM) from the Institute of Supply Chain Management (ISM)
- Project Management Professional (PMP) from the Project Management Institute.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/2409411-category-sourcing-manager-state-local-and-federal
• Post ID: 45537857 nova