What you’ll be doing...
The Business Transformation Manager (BTM) will report into the Director of Business Transformation and work with business unit leaders and functional leaders at the highest levels within the organization to execute on a wide variety of strategic and transformative projects aimed at achieving the strategic and financial objectives of the business and preparing the business for future. The BTM may be asked to drive business transformation efforts across one or more Verizon business units. These transformation initiatives will be conceived at the highest levels of the organization and, as such, will have the visibility at that level.
The BTM will not only get to frame the initiative scope and strategy but will also lead the execution of the recommendations. In this process, the BTM will lead the execution teams drawn from the Business Transformation group and the business and functional units.
- Lead conception, scope definition, and execution of various types of strategic and operational business transformation initiatives, ranging from Corporate and Operational Strategy to Process Improvement.
- Provide proactive and engaged leadership on key projects designed to increase revenue, reduce expenses, enhance business efficiency, and improve customer experience
- Act as an effective change agent utilizing proper stakeholder analysis and change management techniques
- Working with the Director of Business Transformation, provide effective leadership for the initiatives under analysis and execution
- Provide senior leadership and functional unit management with updates on project status, key metrics, issues, and risks
- Understand and analyze various drivers impacting key metrics and outcomes and provide a fact-based recommendation to the stakeholders
- Be a liaison between business units on projects that have a multi-organization or business unit scope
- Facilitate team meetings and cross-functional workshops
- Conduct analyses needed to prove or disprove the hypotheses driving the project execution
- Proactively anticipate and work towards mitigating risks to project execution or stakeholder engagement
- Support others by providing just in time coaching on business transformation and process improvement methodologies and tools
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, business, or related technical discipline or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
- An MBA or advanced university degree.
- Experience working in a tier-1 management consulting organization.
- Over ten years of total work experience, including some in telecom or related industries
- Experience or certification in Lean Six Sigma is a plus
- Ability to drive results at all levels, regardless of reporting structures
- Proven record for managing multiple simultaneous projects on time and budget
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills, including ability to create presentations using MS Power Point and experience presenting to all levels of an organization
- Outstanding quantitative and analytical skills, including ability to conduct outside/inside research, analyze data, and use MS Excel effectively to develop models and drive analyses
- A focus on strategy, operational processes, and customer experience
- Proven record of performance and trusted professional credibility
- Experienced team leader with proven facilitation, change management, and problem solving experience
- Comfort in working up and across the organization – working with senior staff members and front line employees
- Demonstrated competency in strategic thinking that results in new ideas that drive the business forward
- Track record of handling extremely confidential information appropriately
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/2448280-business-transformation-manager
• Post ID: 45141152 nova