What you’ll be doing...
The Engineer will be a critical element in the successful Engineering of the One Fiber & One Network strategic initiatives. The position will be responsible for assisting in the creation and delivery of professional development and training programs for the Access and Engineering team.
- Work to develop One Fiber/One Network training curriculums for the Access & Transport Engineering organization.
- Execute training via multiple delivery methods, including workshops, training videos, demonstrations and real world exercises to accelerate learning and productivity.
- Act as a single point of contact for the Engineering teams to provide ongoing support.
- Interface with partner organizations to gain an expert knowledge in procedures to ensure there is alignment on requirements and techniques with training plans.
- Build strong relationships with IT, Operations, Engineering staff support, Training and Development and external vendors/partners to ensure the highest level of success across the Engineering organization.
- Ensure a communication plan aligns with a comprehensive training plan for transparency and clear cut objectives.
- Develop and identify cost and time effective methods of developing and delivering training.
- Obtain and maintain expert knowledge of current procedures and techniques applicable to Engineering.
- Cultivate strong collaborations with business and technical partners, and senior staff.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or five or more years of related experience, preferably in Engineering training and development.
- 5 or more years of experience in Network Engineering
- Desire to teach employees new to the business
- Effective interpersonal and team building capabilities
- Strong project planning and time management
- Demonstrated excellent verbal, written, analytical and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to influence organizational direction and departmental initiatives
- Demonstrated excellent problem solving skills
- Demonstrated subject matter expertise in Outside Plant
- Hands-on experience with Outside Plant and Inside Plant design
- Strategic thinker who can create actionable business plans by working cross-functionally with technical and business partners
- Ability to cultivate strong relationships with business and technical partners
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/8010692-training-engineer
• Post ID: 38706367 nova