What you’ll be doing...
A Verizon Federal Technical Writer will research, write, and prepare a variety of technical user documents including training material and proposals. Collaborate with subject matter experts, i.e., instructors, programmers, engineers, sales, program managers, and product management during design phase to gain an understanding of the documentation requirements. Analyze requirements of the project to determine types of publications needed. Ensure accuracy and completeness of technical documentation. Will also review and edit material for proper use of terminology, style, direction, content, grammar, punctuation, structure, flow, and clarity. Appropriate training will be provided in the form of structured courses and on the job training.
- Organize material and complete writing assignment according to set standards regarding order, clarity, conciseness, style, and terminology.
- Maintain records and files of work and revisions and align with changes in business/system processes.
- Effectively utilize a variety of technology/applications to develop material.
- Edit, standardize, or make changes to material prepared by other writers.
- Collaborate with subject matter experts to establish content and to determine subject material to be developed for publication.
- Review published materials and recommend revisions or changes in scope, format, and content.
- Analyze and determine need for revisions in previously published materials and development of new material.
- Build and maintain strong partnership with identified stakeholders to ensure continuous improvement for projects assigned completing all projects timely
- Establish and maintain credibility through demonstration of the Credo, Core Values, business acumen, professionalism, appearance, relevance, field/content experience.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of material (subject matter feedback, follow-up).
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or one or more years of work experience.
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite of products and imaging software.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule if required. Eligibility to obtain and maintain a government security clearance.
Even better if you have:
- A degree.
- Ability to grasp complex software, learn quickly and prioritize.
- Ability to work within teams to complete projects assigned.
- Ability to work within tight deadlines.
- Effective critical thinking skills.
- Effective decision making skills.
- Ability to learn strategic business goals and KPIs for the channel supported.
- Ability to think innovatively combined with a desire to try new approaches.
- Experience working independently with minimal supervision while contributing to overall team success.
- Basic project management skills.
- Demonstrated high degree of professionalism and integrity with all levels of Stockholders.
- Demonstrated flexibility; ability to adapt to changing business needs.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/2453686-technical-writer-coordinator
• Post ID: 45141027 nova