As market leader in enterprise application software, SAP helps companies of all sizes and industries innovate through simplification. From the back office to the boardroom, warehouse to storefront, on premise to cloud, desktop to mobile device – SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively to stay ahead of the competition. SAP applications and services enable customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably.
Job Description Overview
The SAP Mobile Services Systems Engineering team is responsible for delivering 24x7 global support for all of our infrastructure and services. The Team Lead is responsible for ensuring our systems and storage infrastructure is robust and efficient. This role requires the candidate to cover both hands on technical responsibilities as well as insuring the daily responsibilities of the team are met.
• Responsible for leading the daily System/Storage Administration of the team
• Diagnosis and troubleshooting of issues in the area of Unix/Linux OS
• Scheduling, planning, configuring, and implementing new systems
• Package, patch and update management using rpm and yum
• Usage of LVM concepts as well as native multi-path and power path
• Development and maintenance of scripts for automation (shell, perl, python, Chef)
• Setup and configuration of tools to monitor the applications, security, and auditing
• Performance tuning on OS level
• Monitoring of productively used servers and systems
• Operational support as application SME for 24x7 systems, including participation in the on-call rotation
• Conduct collaboration and open communication; reaching across functional borders
• Amazon Web Services (AWS) Deployments
• DevOps/Ansible Administration
• Expertise with Linux, SUSE
• Expertise in SaaS multitenant environment architecture
• Experience with Solaris and VMware is mandatory
• Experience with Chef automation is desired
• Experience with VCS is a plus
• Experience with NetApp and EMC Storage is a plus
• Experience MapR is a plus
• Demonstrated IT work experience with an emphasis towards production support of high capacity mission critical, five 9’s Cloud applications and systems
• Experience in running mid to large scale implementation projects, often with tight deadlines
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations team (Americas:Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.comorCareers.LatinAmerica@sap.com, APJ:Careers.APJ@sap.com, EMEA:firstname.lastname@example.org). Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Additional Locations:Virtual - USA
Nearest Major Market:Washington DC
• Post ID: 24308024 nova