Restaurant: Harrimans Food & Beverage Supervisor - Salamander Resort & Spa (Middleburg, VA)
Assists with the planning, directing and control of pool service and operations resulting in a superior dining experience for all patrons of the resort utilizing the Food & Beverage venues.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Ensure that meals are being served in a professional and timely manner by circulating within the outlet and communicating with the kitchen and the order takers. Handle guest complaints.
- Monitor and supervise set up and maintenance of room service area to ensure that it is up to standard.
- Ensure availability of manpower, supplies, and equipment to ensure positive guest experience.
- Assist in hiring, scheduling, supervision and control of cashiers, supervisors, greeters, servers and bus attendants.
- Ensures a positive atmosphere in all outlets including making contact with 100% of guests, Members, and Employees on a regular basis.
- Assists in creating daily floor plans and rotations for each outlet. Ensures coverage and monitor timekeeping and absenteeism making necessary adjustments in the best interest of the company.
- Attend pre-meal meetings and conduct ongoing training of employees to ensure that employees continue to improve their performance.
- Must be familiar with commonly accepted standards of etiquette and decorum relating to dining service.
- Meets and greets customers in the outlets.
- Is actively involved in touching people and tables in the outlets.
- Responsible for the daily supervision and maintenance of product quality and service to our guests.
- Maintains the facility, physical plant and equipment; submits and follows up on work orders to ensure completion of projects.
- Maintains clean and organized storage areas
- Complies with resort policies, procedures, and standards of operation.
- Assist in the completion of reports on production and necessary requisitions.
- Assist in regulation of distribution of necessary supplies.
- Provide direct service to guests as needed, including, but not limited to, serving tables, bussing tables, seating guests and general clerical/cashier duties.
- Perform any general cleaning tasks using standard hotel cleaning products to adhere to health standards.
- Control of Food and Beverage areas: checks all areas for maintenance requirements and follow-up, ensures correct billing to all accounts, ensures that the outlet maintains the integrity of a responsible vendor of alcohol.
- Constantly observes quality service standards.
- Effectively handles customer concerns.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- High school or equivalent education required. Bachelor s Degree preferred.
- 1 year of experience in Food and Beverage operations preferably in supervisory role or 3+ years in Fine Dining.
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch; talk and hear. The employee must be able to lift and move up to 25 pounds. The employee must be able to see differences in widths and length of lines such as those on graphs. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to read, write and converse in English
- Must be able to lead groups of pe
• Post ID: 26695730 nova