What you’ll be doing...
The Cisco UCCE Engineer will operate as Tier 2 support in Cisco Unified Contact products to support an external Verizon customer. The NSF-UCCE Engineer is responsible for providing technical (break/fix) management and administration support for Unified Contact Center Enterprise (UCCE) and Unified Contact Center Express (UCCE) with other Cisco IP Telephony/IP Contact Center applications. The Cisco UCCE Engineer should have knowledge of Cisco applications to include Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM), Cisco Unified Voice Portal, Cisco Unified IP Interactive Voice Response (IPIVR) which are beneficial for holistic support.
- Interact with the other internal teams, ISD customers, the Project Management Organization, Verizon’s Operational Engagement Managers, and ISD Management on a daily basis.
- Workon a24x7 team, as well as review and document engineering components for Incident and Change management.
- Provide Routing and Switch, Firewall, Wireless, and load balancing support.
- Ensure support of large enterprise networks with understanding of the design, build, and operational functions of complex IP environments from the physical installation to the finished network.
- Responsible for Incident, Change, and Capacity management.
What we’re looking for...
You have a strong knowledge of incident problem and resolution processes. Executing against strategies for technology resolution, you perform well under pressure and can manage multiple operational activities. You work well independently as well as collaboratively with diverse business teams and vendors.
You’ll need to have:
- Associate’s degree or two or more years of work experience.
- Three or more years of relevant work experience.
- Willingness to be on call for some weekends and perform shift work in a 24/7 operation center.
- Two or more years of Cisco management in an enterprise environment with UCS deployment.
- Two or more years of experience installing, configuring and supporting Cisco UCCE components.
- Two or more years of experience diagnosing and troubleshooting hardware and network issues related to connectivity, performance, equipment failures or other related problems.
- Two or more years of Routing and Switching, data network troubleshooting.
Even better if you have:
- A degree.
- CCNP or CCNA and Cisco Voice Certifications.
- ITILv3 Certification.
- Some working experience with UCS, VMware and/or NetApp.
- Knowledge in one or more of the following areas: Network, WAN, LAN, Voice, Data Center, and Security or Applications support.
- Experienced in managing large scale technology incidents.
- Adept at verbal and written communication and conveying highly technical information to various levels of technical, management, and executive teams.
- Highly organized, motivated and a self-starter.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a sense of urgency with complete follow-through.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/2400781-network-engineer-incident-management
• Post ID: 43358907 nova