What you’ll be doing...
Position will be responsible for managing projects within the Military and Department of Defense (DoD). Anticipated daily activities include: creation of agendas for internal and external meetings, lead internal and external status meetings, capture and distribute meeting minutes, assign action items to appropriate stakeholders, facilitate technical discussions as need, create and manage project plans, manage resource availability. As required the Project Manager will be required to provide written status to the Program Manager and executive leadership both internal and external to Verizon.
- Knowledge of Verizon's Ordering Systems and Architecture, specifically as they relate to the Federal Government accounts.
- Thorough understanding of Verizon's transport and who they relate to products and services offered to the customer.
- Exceptional documentation, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate both written and verbal at all levels within an organization.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to analyze and document complex business processes and independently identify opportunities for improvement.
- Ability to efficiently prioritize and organize competing work demands with little oversight.
- Ability to make effective decisions in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to work effectively both independently, within a team and between teams
- Demonstrated capabilities for creativity and innovation
Successful Candidate Competencies:
- Self-motivated and able to work well in a fast paced environment.
- Advanced Experience in Program Management.
- Advanced Experience in Customer Solutions Support.
- Advanced Experience in Solution Implementation.
- Advanced Experience in Technical Solutions Communication.
- Applying Experience in Business and Financial Acumen.
- Applying Experience in Capacity Planning & Optimization.
- Applying Experience to verbal and written communications.
- Applying Experience to organizational skills.
- Applying Experience in Consulting & Advisory Skills.
- Gaining Experience in Sales Process Management.
- Gaining Experience in Emerging Trends and Technology Landscape.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Eligible to maintain and obtain a goverment issued security clearance
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Project/Program Management experience within Telecom industry.
- Experience creating, monitoring, and implementing business processes.
- Experience managing large projects.
- Experience with direct customer and vendor management.
Even better if you have:
- Bachelor of Science degree.
- CAPM or PMP Certification: current or desire to obtain within 6 months of start date.
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) v3.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/8094717-lead-consultant-client-service-management
• Post ID: 40246642 nova