What you’ll be doing...
The rapid technology evolution across the network, communication, software andhardware industries presents us with the opportunities to transform Verizon's own networks, products and competitive positioning. We are looking for an exceptional Test Automation Engineer that will be part of a dynamic team that is responsible for building test automation framework, implementing functional testing automation and maintaining them.
You will work closely with a globally dispersed team of QA/Automation engineers and you will regularly lead multiple small to medium-size projects or one large project and may have to perform project management activities such as planning, sizing, training and scheduling. You will work with junior staff members, coordinate with peers and ensure that the superior quality of the code base is maintained at all times. You will be well versed with Agile and DevOps techniques in the Software Development Lifecycle.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Associate’s degree or two or more years of work experience.
- Two or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience with Java development.
- Experience with all phases of Software Development Lifecycle, including system analysis, design, coding, test automation framework, debugging and documentation.
- Experience with building enterprise scale Java applications and test frameworks using SQL, JSON, XML, Restful APIs, SOAPUI, JMETER and Selenium web driver.
- Experience in working in an Agile development environment using tools such as Eclipse, JIRA, Confluence and GIT.
- Knowledge of Object Oriented design, distributed computing, relational databases, and software design patterns.
Even better if you have:
- Bachelor's degree.
- Expertise in test automation scripting with ability to design, build, test and deploy end to end solutions for complex applications on different browsers and operating systems.
- Experience in working with CICD/DevOps environment instituting and nurturing highly automated software delivery pipelines and deployments using Jenkins and Ansible.
- Excellent teamwork & collaboration skills with the ability to innovate and lead cross functional teams.
- Problem solving skills to develop quick yet sound solutions to resolve complex issues.
- Knowledge of web technologies like Java Script, HTML, CSS a plus.
- Working experience of MEAN stack, Cloud computing, Data analytical tools, Robot framework is a plus.
- Prior experience in telecom is preferred.
- Hands on Experience with Test Data management and Data Virtualization tools will be an added advantage.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/6960292-test-automation-engineer
• Post ID: 38294852 nova