AIG’s global Cyber-risk Defense Center (gCDC) is responsible for preventing, detecting and responding to cyber threats to AIG. The Strategic Intelligence Data Scientist role is a member of the Cyber Threat Intelligence Team that drives security operations and supports the gCDC in achieving its goals. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing the data science capability to provide the gCDC with statistical models to detect novel attack patterns. The successful candidate will report to the Program Manager and work closely with members of the gCDC’s Security Monitoring, Incident Response and Threat Intelligence functions.
• Work with team members from the gCDC’s Security Monitoring, Incident Response and Threat Intelligence functions on an ongoing basis to understand their latest observations and statistical models to inform decision-making and provide innovative mechanisms to detect future cyber attacks.
• Responsible for modeling complex problems and delivering business-focused analysis, reporting and recommendations.
• Discover insights and identifying opportunities through the use of statistical, algorithmic, data mining and visualization techniques.
• Integrate and prepare large, varied datasets from which to extract meaningful insights.
• Design/build specialized database and computing environments.
• Work closely with data custodians, project/program managers and other IT teams to turn data into crucial insights and knowledge that can be utilized to make informed organizational decisions
Position Requirements: Minimum Requirements: Knowledge, skills and abilities
• Strong background in data modeling and statistics.
• Multithreaded and/or cluster computing/big data experience (e.g., SMP, Hadoop, etc).
• Experience developing tools for the detection of anomalous activity
• Experience developing analytics for large and streaming data sets
• Experience of analyzing computer security information
• Network data analysis
• Ability to learn on the job, performing analysis efficiently while balancing attention to detail with thoroughness
• A creative thinker who can propose innovative ways to look at problems by using data mining approaches on the set of information available
• Strong interpersonal & communication skills working with remote peers over IM, phone & video
• Ability to speak authoritatively and confidently while balancing respect & tact with customers
• Ability to deal diplomatically and effectively at all levels of AIG including both technical and non-technical staff, management and senior leadership
• Proficient organizational skills
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Excellent listening and interpersonal skills
• Possessing strong analytical and troubleshooting/problem solving skills while still maintaining business focus
• High-level critical thinking skills
• Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and non-technical language
• Comfortable working in a dynamic environment with competing priorities
• Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail
Minimum of 6+ years of experience in the information security industry with an emphasis on big data platforms and frameworks, graph analytics and state of the art data visualizations techniques.
Formal Education & Certification:
• Bachelor’s degree from a four-year accredited college/university ** (or equivalent experience).
• Statistics, Machine Learning or related field Masters or PhD is desirable
• Preferred Certifications:
o Informs: Certified Analytics Professional (CAP)
o Cloudera Certified Professional (CCP): Data Scientist
o EMC Data Scientist Associate (EMCDSA) Certification
o Revolution R Enterprise Certified Specialist
o HDP Certified Developer (HDPCD)
o HDP Certified Administrator (HDPCA)
o HDP Certified Developer:Java (HDPCD:Java)
o Splunk Power User, Administrator or Architect
Minimum Requirements: Knowledge, skills and abilities
American International Group, Inc. (AIG) is a leading international insurance organization serving customers in more than 130 countries and jurisdictions. AIG companies serve commercial, institutional, and individual customers through one of the most extensive worldwide property-casualty networks of any insurer. In addition, AIG companies are leading providers of life insurance and retirement services in the United States.
AIG Property Casualty is a global market leader, one of the few truly global property casualty franchises.
AIG Life and Retirement is one of the largest life insurance organizations in the U.S., and provides protection, investment and income solutions needed for financial and retirement security.
United Guaranty Corporation is the marketplace leader in mortgage insurance in the U.S.
Additional information about AIG can be found at www.aig.com | YouTube: www.youtube.com/aig | Twitter: @AIGInsurance| LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/aig