What you’ll be doing...
Principal Architects serve as the technical design authority and architectural expert in support of Verizon Enterprise Security Solutions sales opportunities within the Public Sector segment, including U.S. Federal government agencies, State and Local governments, and Educational institutions. They will engage in complex, strategic sales opportunities directly, and serve as the technical SPOC for such pursuits, leading teams of engineers and delegating as necessary. A Principal Architect will be capable of working independently on deals of any size or complexity, with minimal direction from leadership. They will consult with our customer’s senior technical and business owners to create a strategy leveraging the strengths of our portfolio, and help execute that strategy within the sales and delivery organizations. Qualified candidates will possess multiple years of experience in the Security/Information Technology industry in a sales-oriented, technical design and engineering role, with an emphasis on security technologies and architectures, compliance and regulatory drivers, and risk management frameworks.
Principal Architects will act as final arbiter of solution elements, and technical editor of proposal narratives. Their role in the sales cycle is to own, lead, and direct the technical elements of the opportunity, including customer presentation, requirements gathering, solution design, quote creation, and administrative support of the sale. They will participate in business discussions including defining support roles, service levels, pricing structure, and program management, and engage third party providers as necessary to complete the solution. They will support their Vertical or Regional Sales Management team(s), Partner Channels, Strategic Account Managers, and other sales engagement teams, including assisting with deal prioritization and task delegation across the Solution Architecting teams. They will engage SME’s, within or external to the Security SA team, for assistance when necessary and appropriate. They will participate in collecting customer requirements, presenting company capabilities, performing live demonstrations, and representing the company during commercial events and trade shows. They will serve a critical role in ensuring that all quoted solutions are supportable and manageable by the company including validating SLA language and fitness for operational stability. The Principal Architect role helps ensure that all technical questions are answered, all internal sales and approval processes are followed, and that the customer’s requirements are fully met by the various teams involved in the quoting, implementation, and transition process. They will also provide mentoring to Solution Architecting staff and assist with training development and presentation, as requested.
A successful candidate will play a key partnership role to the field sales team as a technical advisor, and will report to the Manager of Security Solution Architecture.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or four or more years of work experience
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Six or more years of experience in a related technical field.
- Willingness to travel 25-35% of the time.
Even better if you have:
- A degree.
- Experience in a related technical field for 8+ years.
- 5+ years of experience in the following areas:
- Large-scale distributed enterprise security infrastructure
- Governance, Risk and Compliance, including working knowledge of Federal regulatory concerns
- Security Policy Assessment & Development
- Global Managed Security Services
- Threat and Risk Intelligence
- Risk Management strategy
- Security Data Aggregation and Analytics
- Vulnerability Management
- Identity and Access Management
- Forensic investigation, discovery, and fraud
- DDOS Attack Detection and Mitigation
- Security Consulting/Professional Services
- Thorough understanding of the competitive landscape and an ability to clearly articulate the technical differentiation and value proposition of Verizon solutions versus competitors.
- Familiarity with the specific technical capabilities of major Security hardware and software within the Verizon portfolio, offered by partners, or offered by competitors.
- Mastery of commonly used Security and Internet concepts, practices and procedures.
- Awareness of Security Industry trends, including recent breaches, new or re-occurring attack vectors, and current research initiatives.
- Superb presentation skills, including the ability to develop and deliver technical presentations and tailor content to audience as appropriate.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills – willingness to provide examples of proposal text, solution architecture diagrams, statements of work, and/or technical project plans.
- Practical knowledge of business concepts and financial practices common to large agencies.
- Experience creating, maintaining, and following documented processes and procedures – willingness to provide sample work product.
- Proven ability to work independently with minimal supervision; includes Time management, task prioritization, and delegation skills,
- Experience working with U.S. Federal Agencies or Enterprise clients of similar size and sensitivity (i.e. Banking or Manufacturing corporations).
- Experience bidding on and selling through long-term Federal contract vehicles.
- Practical knowledge of State and Federal government budget cycles.
- Team lead or Project Management experience on a strategic long-term project (6+ month sales pursuit, 12+ month implementation, 5+ year contract term).
- Prior hands-on Consulting experience with Federal Government agencies.
- Advanced industry certification (CISSP, CISM, CISA, PCIP, CEH, GCIH, GPEN, CCSK, Security+).
- Technology certifications: Cisco, BlueCoat, CheckPoint, Juniper, Fortinet, Palo Alto, Splunk, Symantec.
- Best Practices & Frameworks certifications: ITIL.
- Experience with Salesforce.com or similar Sales Automation software including custom report generation.
- Front-line Operations experience with relevant technologies for a revenue generating platform within a large enterprise or agency.
- 5+ years in a customer-facing role.
- 5+ years of architecture experience in conceptualization, definition and development of security based products and services.
- U.S. government security clearance.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/2465691-solutions-architect-public-sector-security-solutions
• Post ID: 45538027 nova