What you’ll be doing...
Solution Architecture Managers are responsible for building and leading technical teams in support of Verizon Enterprise Security Solutions sales opportunities within the Public Sector segment, including U.S. Federal government agencies, State and Local governments, and Educational institutions. SAMs typically have 4 to 8 direct reports comprised of non-overtime eligible professional employees, but may also manage Team Leads and/or overtime eligible staff. SAMs are responsible for all corporate governance, statutory compliance, and administrative functions for their team, including:
- Prioritizing and delegating sales opportunities among the staff to meet short term and long term bookings and revenue objectives.
- Maintaining consistent and reliable performance data (funnel, sales plan attainment, resource assignment, customer activities, training reports, etc.) in order to manage the business and to provide accurate reports/forecasts in a timely fashion. Holding weekly staff calls with teams to drive focus and prioritization ensuring the flow of information about the Security portfolio.
- Setting and tracking performance objectives, development plans, and succession plans for each individual staff member.
- Providing regular feedback to directs.
- Developing and refining Security sales processes and procedures.
- Anticipating and managing escalations from various internal stakeholder groups.
- Participating at least once a month with sales manager or SAM peer staff calls, to ensure the consistent flow of information across the Security Solution Architecture team globally.
- Communicating professionally and effectively at all levels.
- Managing expenses with an ownership mentality and directly controlling staff budget.
- Promoting consistent activity management and time tracking behaviors.
- Team development through training and direct coaching.
- Anticipating future staffing requirements, developing metrics-based business justifications for staff augment or decrement, and adopting a systematic process for recruitment of Sales Engineers in line with organizational objectives.
They will also engage personally in complex, strategic sales opportunities, participating with Public Sector leadership on account planning and opportunity prioritization. They will be a lead evangelist and influencer for the Security portfolio across their region or segment. They will consult with our customer’s senior technical and business owners, and their staff, to create a strategy leveraging the strengths of our Security portfolio, and facilitate execution of that strategy within Verizon. Qualified candidates will possess multiple years of management experience in a sales-oriented role, with an emphasis on leading technical teams supporting the integration of Security technologies into complex, heterogeneous technical and regulatory environments.
SAMs will own the technical sales performance of their teams and manage personnel and processes accordingly. Their role in the sales cycle is to coordinate communication and manage escalations among several internal Verizon stakeholder groups including Sales, Engineering, Operations, Legal, Pricing, and Contract Management. They will participate in collecting customer requirements, presenting company capabilities including performing live demonstrations, and representing the company during commercial events and trade shows. They will support their teams as necessary in business discussions with customers, and represent the Solution Architecture organization during internal governance meetings such as Deal Lifecycle Management and Executive Management Review. They will work closely with their Vertical or Regional Sales Management team(s), Partner Channels, Strategic Account Managers, and other Sales engagement teams to set priorities and improve sales team efficiency.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Willingness to travel 35-50% of the time.
Even better if you have:
- A degree.
- Eight or more years of experience in a related technical field.
- Greater than 5 years of experience in the following areas:
- Large-scale distributed enterprise security infrastructure
- Governance, Risk and Compliance, including working knowledge of Federal regulatory concerns
- Security Policy Assessment & Development
- Global Managed Security Services
- Threat and Risk Intelligence
- Risk Management strategy
- Security Data Aggregation and Analytics
- Vulnerability Management
- Identity and Access Management
- Forensic investigation, discovery, and fraud
- DDOS Attack Detection and Mitigation
- Security Consulting/Professional Services
- Thorough understanding of the competitive landscape and an ability to clearly articulate the technical differentiation and value proposition associated with Verizon versus its competitors.
- Familiarity with the specific technical capabilities of major Security hardware, both within the Verizon portfolio, offered by partners, or offered by competitors.
- Mastery of commonly used Security and Internet concepts, practices and procedures.
- Awareness of Security Industry trends, including recent breaches, new or re-occurring attack vectors, and current research initiatives.
- Superb presentation skills, including the ability to develop and deliver technical presentations and tailor content to audience as appropriate
- Excellent written and oral communication skills – willingness to provide examples of proposal text, solution architecture diagrams, statements of work, and/or technical project plans.
- Experience working in a commissionable, high velocity sales environment with monthly quotas.
- Practical knowledge of business concepts and financial practices common to large agencies.
- Experience creating, maintaining, and following documented processes and procedures – sample work product.
- Proven ability to work independently with minimal supervision; includes Time management, task prioritization, and delegation skills.
- Experience working with U.S. Federal Agencies or Enterprise clients of similar size and sensitivity (i.e. Banking or Manufacturing corporations).
- Experience bidding on and selling through long-term Federal contract vehicles.
- Practical knowledge of State and Federal government budget cycles.
- Prior management experience in a complex technical environment.
- Prior hands-on Consulting experience with Federal Government agencies.
- U.S. government security clearance highly desired.
- Leadership or Project Management role on a strategic long-term project (6+ month sales pursuit, 12+ month implementation, 5+ year contract term) highly desired
- Familiarity with 3 tier and N-tier application architectures including common design patterns and best practices.
- Comfortable with all aspects of team leadership including interviewing, hiring, mentoring, performance management, and termination.
- Advanced industry certification (CISSP, CISM, CISA, PCIP, CEH, GCIH, GPEN, CCSK, Security+) strongly desired.
- Negotiating experience, including basic familiarity of legal nomenclature and contract structures.
- Front-line Security Operations experience with relevant technologies for a revenue generating platform within a large enterprise or agency.
- Familiarity with Verizon sales processes including quoting, Custom Engineering, contracting, discount approval, Deal Lifecycle Management, and EMR a plus.
- Familiarity with Verizon HR processes and rules.
- Five or more years in a customer-facing role.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/2452278-senior-security-solutions-architecture-manager
• Post ID: 45537837 nova