What you’ll be doing...
Exciting opportunities exist within our Advanced Technology Group for Consulting Architects (CA). This position represents an opportunity to become an integral part of a talented team helping our clients’ Security and Digital Transformation needs. The Verizon Consulting Architect plays a meaningful pre-sales role as a subject matter expert focused on consulting and engineering within the Professional Services Security Solutions Portfolio
The CA must be able to demonstrate technical expertise, be innovative, and be able to verbally communicate effectively across multiple technologies in different degrees of detail. The CA must be able to clearly explain and articulate Consultative and Professional Services engagements in writing, or via presentation and by using formal documentation such as a Statements of Work and Proposals to clearly articulate the overall value to our enterprise customers.
The CA will act as the main point of contact for scope, design, and architectural discussions related to Pre-sales Security Professional Services. This includes identifying and addressing the customer’s security solution gaps and how PS can help them through their Transition, Ramp, and Steady State needs. The CA can also serve as the PS technical lead through all stages of a large integrated deals (GID), and custom, multi-tower complex PS deals.
The CA provides guidance, support, and often works in a team setting including clients, partners, and other technologists to design the security architecture needed to solve complicated business issues. They may also work alone, gathering information on industry standards, technologies, and tools.
The CA supports RFP’s, and documents PS engagements, explains them to the client, acts as a technical liaison between sales, customer and the Verizon Security PS Delivery teams. The CA monitors their customer engagements to foster and create growth in subsequent consultative and managed security services engagements.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
- A BA/BS degree in Engineering or related field.
- Experience in the Tech/IT industry for 6 or more years in a Pre-sales or customer-facing consultative capacity, professional services delivery, or other relevant technical roles.
- Highly specialized expert level technical knowledge in at least 2 of the below:
- Threat and Vulnerability management(IPS, Firewalls, CSIRT, SOC)
- Governance, Risk and compliance management experience
- Payment Card Industry, HIPAA, FISMA, FERPA, SOX, NIERC, COBIT, ITIL, ISO, GLBA, SANS
- Identity and Access Management, Business Continuity, Data Loss Prevention
- End point Security, Next Gen Products and security toolset experience (IoT, SIEM, PKI, SDN, SDWAN, VNF)
- Experienced in leading consulting or professional services engagements (creating business strategies, designing high and low level architectures, and vertical specific solution strategy).
- Experience as technical lead on multiple large consulting engagements, and projects at one time. Perform and review professional services gap analysis with client leading to desired business outcomes.
- Solution Selling experience, capable of managing a wider security portfolio which is business focused and can combine various security towers and services together (Managed Security + PS Security).
- Strong customer and relationship building skills, coupled with listening and question-based selling skills to help you see the “big picture” and develop creative solutions to your client’s challenges.
- Have gathered industry knowledge by selling, or hands-on experience in addressing the security needs and gaps within Governance, People, Technology and Processes.
- Sales Tools / CRM experience - SFDC, quote creation, pricing, ordering, deal registration.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills across the different levels of the organization.
- Excellent writing skills – Statement of Work, Proposals, White Papers, and answering RFP’s.
- Two or more current Professional & Expert Level Industry Recognized Vendor Certifications: CISSP, CCIE, CISM, CISA, GSEC, GPEN, CCDP, SSCP, CEH, CCNA, SEC+, ITIL, CCSK, CCSP, TOGAF.
- Willingness to travel up to 25% of the time, and when not traveling be able to use remote meeting-collaboration tools like Video, WebEx, GoToMeeting.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/2455504-security-solutions-architect
• Post ID: 45140932 nova