SAP NS2 Service Delivery Program Manager-Secure Hana Cloud-Herndon 20171 Job - SAP (Herndon, VA)
SAP is the global market leader for business software and related services, and SAP National Security Services Inc.® (SAP NS2®) is an independent U.S. subsidiary, offering SAP solutions with specialized levels of security and support to meet the requirements of U.S. national security and critical infrastructure customers.
Must be a U.S. Citizen
All internals must have manager’s approval to transfer
serPURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
The NS2 Cloud is a comprehensive cloud infrastructure offering which is an essential part of the overall Cloud Strategy of SAP. SAP NS2 allows Regulated customers to run their SAP applications and HANA platforms in a managed cloud environment. For example, these applications can include SAP® Business Suite powered by SAP HANA and SAP NetWeaver® Business Warehouse powered by SAP HANA.
The Cloud Delivery Program Manager is responsible for the overall management of a Class A, Class B or Class C type project throughout its lifecycle. The Cloud Delivery Program Manager has the qualifications and business acumen to manage large scale, high risk, strategic projects that span organizational boundaries including multiple business units and service partners/vendors. They provide leadership to cross-functional teams responsible for delivering defined project outputs to time, budget and project quality criteria. Program Manager also ensures adherence to SAP Cloud Program Management methodology practices, provides mentoring, performs Project Management Reviews and reinforces the enterprise knowledge management through the communication of lessons learned and best practices development.
The Cloud Delivery Program Manager assists during the Bid Phase of the customer engagement by providing input into the proposal especially in the area of cloud delivery model, project structure, organization, scoping, estimation, risk assessment and Delivery of the Ns2 Cloud Solution.
The Cloud Delivery Program Manager has ability to manage complex projects or smaller programs that require coordination of work between various parties like third party sub-contractors, SI Partners, customers and, SAP Support.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & TASKS
- Conduct the project planning activities and manage the execution of large scale, high risk, or strategic projects according to plan (Opportunity Management, Initiating to Closing)
- Evaluate complex situations accurately and identify viable solutions that create successful outcome for the customer.
- Manage relationship with project stakeholders, including internal and external clients, keeping stakeholders informed of progress and issues in order to manage expectations on all project requirements and deliverables.
- Manage and communicate a clear vision of the project’s objectives, and motivate the project team to achieve them; create a project environment that enables peak performance by team members.
- Work with Delivery PMO to utilize PM templates and Processes.
- Work with the Stakeholders to evaluate NS2 Cloud Solution Requirements and provide guidance on solution/technical architecture guidance.
- Ensure proper use of methodology, tools and procedures
- Ensures proper governance is in place to best meet project objectives
- Builds customer relationships with the clear expectation to deliver follow-on business or identify opportunities within an account. Deals with difficult issues at the customer and finds win-win solutions for both Customer and SAP.
- Proactively identify changes in work scope and ensure appropriate planning measures are taken with internal and external stakeholders to reassess and amend the scope of work requirements, budget and timeline.
- Analyze risk, establish contingency plans ad identify trigger events and responsibilities for initiating mitigating action.
- Communicate and/or escalate project issues early to account management and delivery management.
- Determine what constitutes successful closure for all parties. Gain acceptance and sign-off by all parties when closure is attained.
- Proactively manage project stakeholder satisfaction to position and secure customer reference and success story.
- Maintain project documentation and updates to relevant knowledge management bases; analyze lessons learned and share with the organization’s project management community.
- Participate in the development of project management best practices.
SKILL AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- 10 – 12 years of SAP project management experience in large scale, high risk, or strategic projects.
- Strong SAP BASIS background and Knowledge of SAP Systems build
- Demonstrated experience building and leading cross functional teams within a formalized methodology.
- Demonstrated expertise in creating and maintaining project deliverables such as, project charter, project management plan, status reports, project timesheets, communications plan, budget and schedule.
- SAP BASIS experience with ECC and Solution ManagerPM experience is
- Demonstrated track record working with clients
English: fluency and highly proficient in communicating to customers and external audiences
US Citizenship is required
Required undergraduate university degree, preferably in commerce, engineering, information technologies or equivalent training and job experience.
- Higher educational degree will commensurate with experience
PROFESSIONAL TRAINING & CERTIFICATIONS
- PMP certification and /or other industry and project management certifications
- SAP Advanced Delivery Management Training C_PM_70 Associate SAP Project Manager (ASAP 7 certification)
- SAP Solution Manager certification for Project Managers (web assessment)
- SAP Solution/Technical Admin certifications is a plus
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas:Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.comorCareers.LatinAmerica@sap.com, APJ:Careers.APJ@sap.com, EMEA:Careers@sap.com). Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Nearest Major Market:Washington DC
• Post ID: 26731492 nova