SAP is the global market leader for business software and related services, and SAP National Security Services Inc.® (SAP NS2®) is an independent U.S. subsidiary, offering SAP solutions with specialized levels of security and support to meet the requirements of U.S. national security and critical infrastructure customers.
All internals must have manager’s approval to transfer.
Must be a U.S. Citizen
The Technical Writer will support the Cloud Operations team at our Herndon, VA location and will report to the Cloud PMO Manager. The Technical Writer will work with technical and other staff to gain understanding necessary to document and maintain processes, plans, policies, standard operating procedures, work instructions and other documents.
- Write, edit, and publish technical documents and process documents as required
- Research and document supporting technical information for cloud and infrastructure environments
- Documenting and maintaining technical and user reference guides and operating procedures.
- Create external documentation to satisfy Federal Regulatory requirements around various product lines
- Explain technical ideas in simple language; ensure technical verbiage is easy to understand by the layperson without loss of detailed meaning.
- Conduct peer edits for grammar, content, style, and form
- Help define writing projects
- Collaborate with Architecture and Engineering teams on extremely complex high visibility projects; producing functional and logical diagrams, standard operating procedures, and other documents for consumption by multiple teams
- Collaborate with management to document processes, workflows, and runbooks within the ITIL framework
Required Skills and Abilities
- Must be able to work within an established timeframe to complete a task
- Must be able to work as part of a team with other Technical Writers, Managers, and subject matter experts
- Must be able to communicate with Managers and peers regarding the status of assigned projects
- Must be able to employ critical thinking skills to ask critical questions required to fill gaps in information.
- Must have impeccable writing, editing, proofreading, and grammar skills as well as an adept command of the English Language
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills
- A proactive and open-minded attitude to resolving problems and delivering results
- Demonstrated experience supporting more than one project at the same time (time management skills)
Required Knowledge and Experience
- Experience writing Enterprise, System-level (not just front end), Functional and Non-Functional Requirements, a plus
- Experience in creating technical documents and technical drawings specific to highly technical subject matter
- Experience using Microsoft Office Products with advanced proficiency in MS Word, MS PowerPoint and MS Visio
- Experience working with SAP applications such as LMS, WFA, and Onboarding, a plus
- Experience with Confluence, a plus
Preferred Knowledge and Experience
- ITIL Certified
- A Bachelor's degree (preferred degree areas include Information systems, computer science, or other related discipline) or equivalent work experience
- Approximately 5+ years of experience in a technical writing or lead writing role.
- Approximately 3-5 years of experience with Federal Regulatory documentation, such as FISMA, FEDRAMP and NIST
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com, APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com, EMEA: Careers@sap.com). Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Nearest Major Market: Washington DC
Click here for more info: http://jobs.sap.com/job/Herndon-SAP-NS2-IT-Technical-Writer-Herndon-20171-Job-VA-20170/346148101/
• Post ID: 33163763 nova