What you’ll be doing...
Our compute virtualization and storage infrastructure provides critical services to both internal and external customers. You’ll oversee lifecycle aspects of multiple service environments, acting as the owner for those systems (which number in the thousands). You’ll also understand and manage the interrelationships between the various products and the infrastructure systems. We take pride in our well-organized, well-documented, stable, and compliant infrastructure environments, and you’ll get to play a key role.
- Maintaining capacity and availability for multiple service environments.
- Ensuring our compliance with all applicable regulations.
- Managing security/access control and licensing and overseeing vendors.
- Delegating work to senior and junior compute virtualization engineers and storage engineers.
- Position will support Enterprise Network Support for a critical government customer. This will include direct customer contact, design support, implementation support, Change Review/Implementation, and advanced incident management support
You have the ability to successfully organize and direct the execution of major projects. You’ve got exceptional problem solving and critical thinking skills, and you’re a whiz when it comes to managing and planning operational budgets. You take real pride of ownership in the infrastructure environments you run.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Eligibility to obtain and maintain a government issued security clearance
- Cisco CCDA/CCDP Level Technical understanding in hands on design and configuration work.
- Experience with contact, design support, implementation support, Change Review/Implementation
- Knowledge and experience in working with formal change and configuration processes.
- Knowledge of being a technical advisor and implementer on customer facing networking projects.
Even better if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in information systems or engineering.
- Ten or more years of relevant work experience.
- Demonstrated capability to successfully create and manage programs for infrastructure lifecycle processes such as capacity, availability, configuration management, and access management.
- Knowledge and experience with ITIL including practical application of ITIL processes. Ideally, with ITIL v3 Foundation Level certification or higher.
- Experience in implementing complex network changes on an enterprise level network
- CCIE certification level technical understanding
- Experience with Verizon internal systems for implementing and documenting changes
- Experience managing a customer environment with multiple other contracting companies and nationwide user base
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/8097726-principle-cisco-network-engineer
• Post ID: 40247047 nova