What you’ll be doing...
The Principal CUCM Engineer is responsible for Tier III support to large scale, completely custom Unified Communications environment that includes voice emergency responder, voicemail, presence and chat client, voice quality, dial-pattern and call routing.
This network engineering position requires senior level knowledge of implementation, operation and troubleshooting of Cisco Unified Communications Manager product.
This engineer will work closely with the Network Operations and Systems Administration teams serving as escalation point for complex incident and change management.
Change management responsibilities include reviewing requirements, designing, documenting and implementing change in accordance with Verizon and customer standards. Incidents are defined as outages or service degradations that will be addressed and resolved by following pre-defined processes and procedures. The network engineer will also develop standard operating procedures; as needed will capture changes updating overall documentation of live environment.
This role requires a solid understanding of voice technologies and networking. The engineer is expected to work as a member of an integrated network and security team; be able to communicate effectively and intelligently via phone, email or ticket escalations. This role is customer focused.
Major Responsibilities include:
- Incident and change management in a custom Cisco Unified Communications environment.
- Design, engineer, document and implement changes.
- Escalation point for voice services incidents or complex changes.
- Training of peers, briefing customers and other Verizon organizations outside Operations.
- Planning and overseeing tuning of the environment, technology insertion, code upgrades, audits and response to POA&Ms.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience with converged/integrated compute infrastructure systems, including requisite network knowledge. Specifically, Cisco UCS.
Even better if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in information systems or engineering.
- Problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Demonstrated capability to successfully create and manage programs for infrastructure lifecycle processes such as capacity, availability, configuration management, and access management.
- Thorough understanding of interdependencies and protocols across compute, network, and storage technologies.
- Experience with compute virtualization systems. Ideally, VMware or vSphere.
- Knowledge and experience with ITIL including practical application of ITIL processes. Ideally, with ITIL v3 Foundation Level certification or higher.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/8131046-principal-network-engineer
• Post ID: 40246662 nova