What you’ll be doing...
As a Network Engineer Consultant - FiOS PON Tier 2 support you will be part of the technical team that supports the Verizon FiOS Passive Optical Network 24x7. As a Network Engineer Consultant your responsibilities include the following:
- Ensuring the delivery of Internet and Voice network availability to FiOS customers by serving as the primary interface for the Ashburn NMC.
- Investigate individual troubles for sectional assessment then correction and/or referral to other organizations
- Interface with 3rd party PON platform vendors for systemic issues.
- Operational interaction with other internal and external stakeholders who contribute to FiOS product performance.
- Create reference documentation for the Ashburn NMC, Fiber Solutions Center and National Operations.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
- A bachelor’s degree in engineering, information technology IP networking, a related technical discipline or equivalent experience.
- Five or more years of direct experience with installation and maintenance of passive optical networks.
- Experience in a 24x7 network operations center or in a global enterprise environment.
- Experience managing and working with cross functional teams across all levels of the organization to optimize business results.
- Work experience with installing and maintaining video networks.
- Work experience in the IP networking industry, preferably at a service provider or networking technology supplier.
- Working knowledge of SQL, Python development/scripting.
- Willingness to work a flexible work schedule.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/2464383-network-engineer
• Post ID: 45537897 nova