- The primary responsibility will be to provide complete front-to-end engineering and installation of Cisco and Juniper router-based IP network solutions.
- Responsibilities include Tier III technical support to Tier II for Cisco and Juniper equipment.
- Responsibilities will also include technical support to project planning team for the development and implementation of proposals.
- The engineer should be fluent in many data networking protocols.
- The role requires in-depth working knowledge of Frame Relay, Ethernet, MPLS, TCP/IP, VPN, and IP Telephony.
- The engineer must possess full working knowledge of the OSI model, routing protocols and their application to router configurations.
- The incumbent will assist in the design, writing and execution of various test plans on commercial and in-house developed network elements using various test tools and hardware.
- Opportunities exist for domestic travel.
- Qualified applicants must possess a bachelor's degree in Electronic Engineering, Computer Engineering or Computer Science.
- A minimum of 3-5 years experience that includes, network design, operational support and hands-on implementing and configuration of network devices such as servers, routers, hubs, and switches.
- Knowledge of test equipment to include Spirent TestCenter (Avalanche/Reflector) is a plus.
- CCNA certification or JNCIP certification is also a significant plus.
- Strong communications skills, both oral and written, are required.
- Willingness to carry a pager to respond to trouble calls after hours is a must.
- Candidate must be able to pass an extensive background investigation as a condition of employment.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer – and celebrate our employees’ differences, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/6380645-lead-network-engineer
• Post ID: 27190506 nova