What you’ll be doing...
This internship position – which is part of the Verizon Campus Program – will give you a chance to channel your drive and enthusiasm while learning from the best minds in the industry. You’ll be front and center, hands-on and contributing your creative energy to high-impact projects from the moment you arrive through the course of this 10-week experience. You will take part in meaningful work and real-life projects within the IT Organization that will help you grow both professionally and personally throughout the program.
In this role, you’ll be:
• Managing projects and providing smart solutions in presentations to senior leadership.
• Gaining knowledge of daily business operations by attending learning programs and training sessions.
• Participating in networking activities with other interns, professionals and business leaders.
As an IT Summer Intern, you may work in one of these areas:
• Big Data Analytics and Artificial Intelligence
• Cloud Infrastructure
• Cloud Orchestration
• Data Modeling
• Mobile/Digital App Development
• Software Development
• User Experience/User Interface (UX/UI)
What we’re looking for...
You’re a motivated self-starter. Never satisfied with the status quo, you’re always trying to beat a personal best. You thrive in a fast-paced environment where new challenges come up every day. You are flexible, dependable and work well in varying environments. Learning quickly is personally rewarding and inspires you to take smart risks.
You’ll need to have:
• Current enrollment in a Bachelor’s/Master’s degree program in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, Data Management, Statistics, Data Science, Cyber Security, Information Systems Security, Human Computer Interaction, Graphic Design Computer-Based Art or related major with an expected completion date between December 2018 and June 2021.
Even better if you have:
• GPA of 3.0 or higher.
• Strong analytic, communication, leadership and presentation skills.
• Ability to work collaboratively in a fast-moving, team environment.
• Proficiency in MS Office Suite of Products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/8093729-information-technology-intern
• Post ID: 40246887 nova