What you’ll be doing...
This entry level role – which is part of the Verizon Campus Program – will give you a chance to channel your drive and enthusiasm. You’ll be front and center, hands-on and contributing your creative energy to high-impact projects from the moment you arrive. You will put your degree to use and gain experience in a new field through on-the-job training. As part of the IT organization, you will help keep our customers all over the world connected with their work. Whether a Developer, Architect, or Analyst, you will make life easier for our customers.
In this role, you may have the opportunity to work on one of the following teams:
- Big Data Analytics and Artificial Intelligence: Understand data analysis activities for a complex, integrated set of systems and leverage AI technologies to detect trends.
- Cloud Infrastructure: Build, support and maintain a physical and virtual computer system and coordinate and manage open stack VMware.
- Cloud Orchestration: Assist with the design, deployment, and configuration of next-generation open source cloud platforms to support a DevOps environment.
- Data Modeling: Define and analyze data requirements needed to support business processes for information systems.
- Software Development: Design and code from specifications; analyze, evaluate, test, debug, document and implement software applications.
- Mobile App Development: Develop, maintain and troubleshoot mobile and web-based applications.
- Security: Apply security knowledge for IT change requests, infrastructure requests, and security policy and security standards development; develop innovative ways to address application vulnerability and cyber threat management.
- User Experience: Develop wireframes and graphic mock-ups to define the user experience for web-based applications and mobile apps.
What we’re looking for...
You’re a motivated self-starter. Never satisfied with the status quo, you’re always trying to beat a personal best. You thrive in a fast-paced environment where new challenges come up every day. You are flexible, dependable and work well in varying environments. Learning quickly is personally rewarding and inspires you to take smart risks.
You’ll need to have:
- Current enrollment in a Bachelor’s/Master’s degree program in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, Data Management, Statistics, Data Science, Cyber Security, Information Systems Security, Human Computer Interaction, Graphic Design Computer-Based Art or related major with an expected completion date by June 2018.
Even better if you have:
- 3.0 GPA or greater.
- Demonstrated independent thinking, relationship management and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical, communication, leadership and presentation skills.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively in a fast-moving, team environment.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite of Products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/8104663-information-technology-entry-level-opportunities
• Post ID: 40246677 nova