What you’ll be doing...
Verizon is seeking to hire an experienced Big Data Architect/Developer for a fulltime role based in Ashburn, VA.
What we’re looking for...
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related degree or equivalent experience
- At least 2 years of hands on working experience with one or more of the following technologies; ElasticSearch, Apache Spark, Apache Impala
- Hands on experience with programming language Python
- Ability to communicate clearly with both business and technical resources
- Able to perform in a fast paced, dynamic and innovative work environment and meet aggressive deadlines
- Ability to quickly adapt to changes, enhancements and new technologies.
- Should have Good Analytical skills
Nice to have:
- Experience with Logstash
- Experience with Kibana
- Experience with Kafka
- Experience with Java/Scala
- Experience working with multi-Terabyte data sets
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/8002772-big-data-developer
• Post ID: 38707282 nova