What you’ll be doing...
Applicants for this position should have extensive experience in 3G and 4G cellular spectrum as well as knowledge of future 5G spectrum. Experience in cellular network design as well as cellular network applications is a must. This position interfaces and interacts frequently with customer and support teams. The applicant will participate in technical customer meetings and support bid/proposal efforts related to cellular technology. Additionally, the applicant for this position will be required to produce presentations, briefings and whitepapers about cellular network designs and applications for customers and upper management. Applicant must be able to technically and procedurally represent the cellular solutions both internally and externally. The individual will partner with the solution team in developing, documenting and presenting the integrated cellular solution based upon the customer’s requirements and Verizon’s products/services. Collaboration with internal organizations is required so as to validate the cellular solution components, to optimizing costs and to meet business needs.
- Responsible for assisting in identifying future cellular products and services.
- Responsible to understand customer’s cellular business needs.
- Develop and document cellular requirements in a standard format.
- Partner with various teams to assess opportunities and develop an optimized solution.
- Validate with internal and external groups to ensure that all cellular solutions are supportable.
- Document technical cellular solutions in presentation, whitepaper and proposal format, where applicable.
- Coordinate and gather all cost items required for the cellular solution.
- Ensure timely completion of cellular projects.
- Validate the cellular solutions which minimize operational and financial risks.
- Identify opportunities to standardize cellular services and reduce costs.
- Must be able to pass an extensive background investigation as a condition of employment.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or six or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in the telecommunications industry.
Even better if you have:
- Bachelor's degree in Electronic Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or other engineering related discipline.
- Five or moreyears of telecommunications experience.
- Working knowledge of Cellular networks to include but not limited to:
- Cellular Spectrum for 3G,4G and 5G
- Cell size & Beam forming
- Voice over IP/LTE
- Future cellular technologies
- Ability to be detailed oriented
- Ability to work alone and also as part of a group.
- Ability to be time conscious.
- Self-motivatedwith a positive attitude and good team development skills.
- Leadership with excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to understand customer’s business need.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/2026762-5g-solutions-architect
• Post ID: 45537977 nova